Turn on thread page Beta

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You have made multiple threads about this, I'm not sure what else you want to know? You have already been told by various people that if a university accepts Access courses (which both UCL and Durham do) then they will give it equal weighting with A levels. If you get 30 distinctions then you will be considered on the same terms as people who get top A level results.

If you don't get in this year then I think it unlikely you'd get in next year. Be patient and wait to see if you get in before you start planning another application.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    And why would you say it's unlikely I'd get in next year? I'm saying if I have confirmed grades next year following ending the Access course in June 2017, which exceed 30 Distinctions/the Access requirement, surely, obviously if universities are in actuality truthful on what they claim, I would have to very likely get an unconditional offer? And your anecdotal opinion is that even with strong, better than supposedly needed confirmed Access grades, it is unlikely I'd get in next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you don't get in this year it won't be because you have predicated grades (that's what conditional offers are for). Simply applying again, this time with confirmed grades, but with the same reference and a similar personal statement isn't, in my opinion, going to produce different results. Anyway, these kinds of discussions are counterproductive - you don't know if you've got in or not so I say again, be patient.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    So you are saying in your opinion if UCL or Durham do not value/recognise enough my strong predicted Access grades, a strong personal statement and a good reference this year, next year, with confirmed strong Access grades which also actually exceed their requirements, a similar and similarly strong personal statement and a similar and similarly good reference, it is also likely for them to again reject me? Even though I'd have done at that point more than what is needed to apparently get in what with having confirmed supposedly adequate grades? So an Access to HE Diploma is essentially bull**** as I am fearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It isn't a question of them not valuing Access courses, it's simple logic - if they don't think you're the right candidate this year, applying again next year (having done nothing to add to your application in the meantime), probably won't result in a different outcome. Anyway, I've said my piece, there's nothing else I can add - for the final time, be patient.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.