The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caslot98
That's awesome! :smile:
Yeah, maybe it's relaxing when you come to visit but it's not relaxing living here, at least for me so I can't wait to move.
That's great. I was considering going to VetBio, but animal behaviour is just better for me. :smile:

I bet it is, I read some amazing things about IBERS in general. I'm going to applicant visit day on March 11th so I'm going to see everything then. Will you be going to applicant visit day?

No, it's a very long and expensive trip just for a visit day, but I already like the sound of Aber, and I looked through every video and every picture I could find online. :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 61
Original post by BearBluebear
No, it's a very long and expensive trip just for a visit day, but I already like the sound of Aber, and I looked through every video and every picture I could find online. :smile:

I will go to a visit day but that's because I really want to see the town before I come to live there, as I am bringing my dogs with me and am very anxious about moving. I can't wait to see the beach, I love it on pictures. :smile:

Will you live on campus the first year or?
I'm going to find a private accommodation since it's cheaper and some are pet friendly.
Original post by Caslot98
I will go to a visit day but that's because I really want to see the town before I come to live there, as I am bringing my dogs with me and am very anxious about moving. I can't wait to see the beach, I love it on pictures. :smile:

Will you live on campus the first year or?
I'm going to find a private accommodation since it's cheaper and some are pet friendly.

I am looking for private accommodations as well, mostly because I am moving out of my uncle's gourde where I've been living for four years and accumulating stuff. I have to take all my books with me, and uni rooms don't have enough space to put up a bookcase. I already found a good place, so I am hoping it will work out :smile:
Reply 63
I am looking for private accommodations as well, mostly because I am moving out of my uncle's gourde where I've been living for four years and accumulating stuff. I have to take all my books with me, and uni rooms don't have enough space to put up a bookcase. I already found a good place, so I am hoping it will work out :smile:

It's great that you already found a place!
I have to find two flatmates for a place I found and I will definitely have to keep looking but I'm not losing hope and I'm definitely not leaving my dogs. :smile:

I can't wait.. only 7 more months :smile:
Who knows how many international students we'll meet and how crazy it'll be
Reply 64
I've got an conditional place for computer science and AI with industry year. Took the exam for IT and computer science and thought it was so random
I got unconditional offer for Equine Science with Veterinary Bioscience, a handwritten letter, and took the entrance exams. Still don't know if I'm going to uni though! :/
Got an offer for Equine and Bioveterinary Science, but already have an option to switch to Veterinary Bioscience. Most likely going to make Aber my firm choice.
Are there any other international students here? :smile:

Not international, but I have an unconditional for the equine and biovet science :smile:
Oh cool! Aber seems to be a good place for this, they have nice riding ficilities.
I think I might be switching to Veterinary Biosciences because it gives you a way to apply for a degree in veterinary medicine in the future. I was talking to a scheme coordinator named Iain Chalmers, and he said it's possible to switch around and specialize some modules even though they don't offer a joint degree for the two programs.
I hold a conditional offer for History and literature combined.
Visit day was brilliant, really liked it there :smile:
My only concern was that I seemed to be the only mature student in sight! :frown:
Reply 69
I've got a conditional offer to study Plant Biology, and got an applicant visit day booked in!! Worried about being the only mature student about, but hoping to go and fall in love with the place! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Got a conditional offer for Fine Arts! Cant wait to visit the school and check it out:smile:
Original post by Xellah
I've got a conditional offer to study Plant Biology, and got an applicant visit day booked in!! Worried about being the only mature student about, but hoping to go and fall in love with the place! :biggrin:

I'm a bit older than the average fresher as well :biggrin:
I took the entrance exams and got the full scholarship!! So happy about the unconditional offer :smile:
Original post by kevthestudent
I took the entrance exams and got the full scholarship!! So happy about the unconditional offer :smile:

Congratulations. Daughter also took the exams and got a Merit and unconditional offer
Reply 74
I got a merit and an unconditional, going to be studying history :smile:
I got 79% on the english lit paper are 73% on the history paper :P
I took the Biology entrance exams for Bio vet and was about 5% from having the full scholarship.

Quite pleased with myself as i got a merit award with unconditional offer i felt like i made everything up in that exam aswell ! ( just a shame im not planning to go to ABER :frown:
Reply 76
I got a conditional for Zoology :smile:
I will be seeing the uni next weekend, but from what I've been told it sounds like a good place.
Reply 77
Original post by MGuirous
I got a conditional for Zoology :smile:
I will be seeing the uni next weekend, but from what I've been told it sounds like a good place.

For those Interested, there is a facebook groupchat for Aber Applicants if you did want to talk to other applicants and link up with people on your course before going. I'm In it and it already feels less daunting of an idea of not knowing anyone. Just find one of the aberystwyth applicants 2017 pages on FB and ask about the groupchat!
Reply 78
I got an unconditional for marine and freshwater biology thanks to the entrance scholarship
Reply 79
I've got a unconditional offer with a merit award through the entrance scholarship for History.

Quick Reply

Latest