Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Hertfordshire,Portsmouth,hull,Pl ymouth and Leicester. The first four want bbc and Leicester want Bob

I'm really happy that I have got conditional offers from all so far except hull who still hasn't come back to me.
    But now I'm wondering whether I wasted a choice on Hertfordshire when I could have gone for Sussex who wanted an but I'm not sure if I would have got in.

I know there is clearing but I'm still a little bit confused

I would be so happy if I got into Leicester but am just thinking that maybe I was a bit too cautious but I didn't expect to get all he offers I did

Any suggestions
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by M_k_s)
    I applied to Hertfordshire,Portsmouth,hull,Pl ymouth and Leicester. The first four want bbc and Leicester want Bob

I'm really happy that I have got conditional offers from all so far except hull who still hasn't come back to me.
    But now I'm wondering whether I wasted a choice on Hertfordshire when I could have gone for Sussex who wanted an but I'm not sure if I would have got in.

I know there is clearing but I'm still a little bit confused

I would be so happy if I got into Leicester but am just thinking that maybe I was a bit too cautious but I didn't expect to get all he offers I did

Any suggestions

I don't think you should decline your offers and go into clearing. Sussex may not even be in clearing this year, and there's no guarantee they'd accept you anyway.

If you meet or exceed your firm offer conditions then you can use UCAS Adjustment to apply to Sussex in August - so pick a firm, and focus on getting the best grades you can, then review the situation when you get your results.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'll take your advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.