University of Leicester economics offer holder Watch

M_k_s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've just got an offer from Leicester to study ba ecomomics but I had a few questions

Does doing a ba instead of a bsc reduce my job prospects and what are they like after studying at leicester
During the placement year what kinds of placements are you likely to get
If I wanted to could I swap a ba for a bsc before I start my first year but I don't do maths or through clearing

Thanks
Matt-98-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
May I ask what grades you are predicted? I've applied for Leicester for the same course and I'm currently waiting for a reply. Many thanks in advance.
freddysilva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BA is definitely more restricted than BSc

Posted from TSR Mobile
M_k_s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was predicted bbc but I did epq
University of Leicester
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by M_k_s)
I've just got an offer from Leicester to study ba ecomomics but I had a few questions

Does doing a ba instead of a bsc reduce my job prospects and what are they like after studying at leicester
During the placement year what kinds of placements are you likely to get
If I wanted to could I swap a ba for a bsc before I start my first year but I don't do maths or through clearing

Thanks
Hey,

Congratulations on receiving an offer from the University of Leicester!!

I thought I could help answer some of the enquiries that you have.

Having a BA or BSc doesn't reduce your job prospect! Actually roughly about 60% of graduate jobs don't ask for candidates to have a specific degree. So really it doesn't matter if you have a BSc or BA, Its actually more important to get a degree.

If it helps the main difference between a BA and BSc Economics degree, is that a BSc has more of elements of Maths compared to the BA. If you are still a little bit worried I would suggest researching the types of jobs you would like to do after university and see what they are looking for in candidates.

Continuing on job prospects- 91% of Economics graduates from the University of Leicester went on to further study or get a job.

I'm so glad you are looking into a placement year, as this is great way to increase your employability Skills! For example placements, economics students have done, please check out the link below.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/eco...try/industry#5

In terms of switching from a BA to BSc, I wouldn't know if you would be able to do that especially if you didn't do Maths at A-levels. I would advise calling our admissions team as they would be able to provide more information on the matter. I have provided their contact information below.-

Tel: 0116 252 5281
Email: [email protected]

I hope this answers your questions!

Once again congratulations and feel free to message me if you have more questions

Antonia
pengtingcalledmaddison
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Received an unconditional offer for Ba economics and could not be happier!
freddysilva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ashasabdi)
Received an unconditional offer for Ba economics and could not be happier!
What grades do you need?
WELL DONE !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
pengtingcalledmaddison
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=freddysilva;68627886]What grades do you need? WELL DONE !!

Thank you so much! Good luck to you. I do not need to get any grade requirement - it is unconditional, meaning I have a place at the uni whatever grade I get I am aiming for A*AB, though they have accepted me with any grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Azim101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=ashasabdi;68643522]
(Original post by freddysilva)
What grades do you need? WELL DONE !!

Thank you so much! Good luck to you. I do not need to get any grade requirement - it is unconditional, meaning I have a place at the uni whatever grade I get I am aiming for A*AB, though they have accepted me with any grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
what aree your predictons? well done btw!
do you think I will get a unconditional if im predicted AAA
michael10101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am predicted A*A*A*A in Maths, History, Economics and Politics respectively. GCSE were 1A*, 2B, 8B Is there I chance I can get a unconditional offer for Economics BSc??

(Original post by University of Leicester)
Hey,

Congratulations on receiving an offer from the University of Leicester!!

I thought I could help answer some of the enquiries that you have.

Having a BA or BSc doesn't reduce your job prospect! Actually roughly about 60% of graduate jobs don't ask for candidates to have a specific degree. So really it doesn't matter if you have a BSc or BA, Its actually more important to get a degree.

If it helps the main difference between a BA and BSc Economics degree, is that a BSc has more of elements of Maths compared to the BA. If you are still a little bit worried I would suggest researching the types of jobs you would like to do after university and see what they are looking for in candidates.

Continuing on job prospects- 91% of Economics graduates from the University of Leicester went on to further study or get a job.

I'm so glad you are looking into a placement year, as this is great way to increase your employability Skills! For example placements, economics students have done, please check out the link below.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/eco...try/industry#5

In terms of switching from a BA to BSc, I wouldn't know if you would be able to do that especially if you didn't do Maths at A-levels. I would advise calling our admissions team as they would be able to provide more information on the matter. I have provided their contact information below.-

Tel: 0116 252 5281
Email: [email protected]

I hope this answers your questions!

Once again congratulations and feel free to message me if you have more questions

Antonia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%