What age did you know what you wanted to be Watch

Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i wanted to be a (maths) teacher until i heard they dont get paid much. I still want to do something mathsy but it means i wont really know what i want to do even when i first enter uni. No need to recommend aspirations for me.
Is this normal? plus what age did everyone (who sees this) decide what they wanted to be (and aactually became it)
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Toasticide)
So i wanted to be a (maths) teacher until i heard they dont get paid much. I still want to do something mathsy but it means i wont really know what i want to do even when i first enter uni. No need to recommend aspirations for me.
Is this normal? plus what age did everyone (who sees this) decide what they wanted to be (and aactually became it)
I study maths at uni from what I've heard the initial bursaries/benefits etc for a maths teacher are nice but after that.. maybe not. Maybe tutoring pays more?

With me I wanted to go into investment banking until I looked more into it and thought about it and decided it wasn't for me, then after first year of uni and some more research I wanted to become an actuary. I'm doing a year long placement as an analyst for a supermarket retailer so I haven't quite made my career yet but I've planned it all out and hope to either do a summer internship or apply directly for a graduate scheme in an actuarial company after a gap year after my last year of uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads