Is Business Economics good at Westminster Watch

JPDC99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Looking to do Economics at Westminster, and I'm interested in the course and its strengths and weaknesses along with overall student life
Iamtheflash123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there the economics course her is great. Im currently 2nd year so I can explain how the 1st year course is like. Obviously throughout your studies you'll study microeconomics macroeconomics and econometrics(3rd year for the latter). The micro and macro content in the first year is theoretical as of expected and your macro and micro theory is then applied in your quantitative module which is the mathematical part. Alevel maths isn't a compulsory however I did Alevel Maths and that helped me thoroughly however not having it doesn't disadvantage you. Moreover, I think the weakness is the amount of group work only in the 1st year as the lecturers assign you into groups and you do more group work than individual as they want all the students to know each other etc. Which for me was a weakness as I love working individually. Currently I am in 2nd year and I find that there is less group work and more independence. In terms of student life being in London is always an advantage as your close to tourist attactrions etc so there is definitely something to do while you're there. Any ways there is a sum up if you need any more info don't hesitate to reply. Many thanks Hana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads