Turn on thread page Beta

Holiday to France watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum want to go away together for a few days in France, possibly mid or northern because she doesn't like flying so wants to drive. Anyone know again good places to go, or companies to book hotels through? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Paris is quite nice for a few days, depends what you want though. You after sea and sun or one of these cultural experience holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Paris is quite nice for a few days, depends what you want though. You after sea and sun or one of these cultural experience holidays?
    More sun and beach/greenery than culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Do ya want to stay in a hotel or a villa, or camp site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Do ya want to stay in a hotel or a villa, or camp site?
    Hotel or villa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Good girl , as a rule the further down the west you get the hotter it'll be but I went right down to the south-west, a couple of years back and it rained for 5 days of the 7.
    Anyway you could probably just walk into Thomas Cook or wherever and can probably get a hotel through them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Good girl , as a rule the further down the west you get the hotter it'll be but I went right down to the south-west, a couple of years back and it rained for 5 days of the 7.
    Anyway you could probably just walk into Thomas Cook or wherever and can probably get a hotel through them.
    Ok, thanks sweetie. I went to the Ardeche a few years back and loved it, might investigate!

ReputationRep:
    Paris is doubtless, the best holiday I've ever had,(even though it was only for two days). If you like sightseeing, it's a haven, However, if you're more into the whole chilling-out & relaxing idea, you might want to consider some of the more southern regions. Towns such as Nice/Toulouse/Perpignan are always popular, and the southern French tend to be more relaxed anyway.. The Loire Valley (mid-France) is also beautiful, with all the chateaux etc.

ReputationRep:
    Normandy (in the North) is great, loads of good beaches, but places like the Loire and Dordogne Valleys are amazing as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Paris is doubtless, the best holiday I've ever had.
    we aim to please
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by raagyone)
    Normandy (in the North) is great, loads of good beaches, but places like the Loire and Dordogne Valleys are amazing as well.
    Go via Eurotunnel and drive to Le Touquet - gorgeous place, very trendy shops etc and a lovely beach plus Aqualud. It's about 30 minutes from the Tunnel and inland there are some lovely old towns like Montreuil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Go via Eurotunnel and drive to Le Touquet - gorgeous place, very trendy shops etc and a lovely beach plus Aqualud. It's about 30 minutes from the Tunnel and inland there are some lovely old towns like Montreuil.
    :eek: You must be psychic, I just this second booked a holiday to Le Touquet!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Our school does summer trips every year for Yr. 7 to Le Touquet. I remember going to Bagatelle and Aqualud (and accidentally-on-purpose getting lost in the markets)...it was awesome. Oh,the nostalgia....to be 11 again!

(Original post by Vienna)
    We aim to please
    And you succeeded. I'm definitely going to go live there once I qualify as a doctor. In 6 years time........watch out Paris here I come! (I'm fluent in French, so it was quite cool just having random conversations with the taxi drivers etc). And we took a crepuscular boat trip on the Seine (34 bridges!!!). But it was La Tour that was my highlight. It was even better and mightier in the flesh (of course I know it does not have flesh).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.