What quote has stuck with you and changed your life? watch

ReputationRep:
    I like this one:

Name:  tumblr_ntn8g1Kiug1rpd8vho1_250.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  9.0 KB

#Moooose

ReputationRep:
    Will probably sound silly to most but for me its always been - "we make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones" - Stephen King.

I've always been a huge horror fan both in books and films and horrors were weirdly the first thing I would go to if I was feeling down. When I was housebound from my health a few years ago, all I did was pretty much stay in and read and watch horrors and play horror themed games and they really helped me. For someone who has several anxiety disorders in real life you would think something that intentionally scares you, I would avoid but nope, I always felt like it was an outlet and burned off a lot of my buried beneath anxiety and it made me feel lighter because then I only had on the surface anxiety left. I love a good paranormal horror, not really into slasher horrors

ReputationRep:
    Time flies like an arrow: fruit flies like a banana
    - Groucho Marx

ReputationRep:
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end !"

ReputationRep:

for some reason this acc helps me lol

ReputationRep:
    I like this one:
    Attached Images

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Will probably sound silly to most but for me its always been - "we make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones" - Stephen King.

I've always been a huge horror fan both in books and films and horrors were weirdly the first thing I would go to if I was feeling down. When I was housebound from my health a few years ago, all I did was pretty much stay in and read and watch horrors and play horror themed games and they really helped me. For someone who has several anxiety disorders in real life you would think something that intentionally scares you, I would avoid but nope, I always felt like it was an outlet and burned off a lot of my buried beneath anxiety and it made me feel lighter because then I only had on the surface anxiety left. I love a good paranormal horror, not really into slasher horrors
    PROSM
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    "All knowledge is precious, whether or not it serves the slightest human use." A. E Housman

ReputationRep:
    gotta tie between this

and

ReputationRep:
    "I may have to wait until my 80s to find a use for 80s song lyrics"

Source: me, just now

ReputationRep:
    You can't please everyone.
    Nobody's perfect

Success is going from failure to failure and not loosing enthusiasm.

ReputationRep:
    Excuses are for those who don't want it bad enough

ReputationRep:

And

ReputationRep:
    Also this one Imran Khan said after his team struggled to reach the final of the 1992 world cup. In the end he led the team to victory after saying this quote during the toss.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

So true.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Life.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  78.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    I like this one:

Name:  tumblr_ntn8g1Kiug1rpd8vho1_250.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  9.0 KB

#Moooose
    My favourite is from Newton
    "What we know is a drop, what we don't is an ocean"
    Heard this in a lecture about the Higgs Boson at Oxford Uni 2 years ago. Really inspired me to delve into the world of research.

ReputationRep:
    "Quotes don't change lives. Only once your life has changed can you relate to the quote."

ReputationRep:
    "But is an argument for our limitiations, ans when we argue for our limitations we get to keep them"

"There is no such thing as job security, there is no such thing as a stone proof or tragic proof life"

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.