Turn on thread page Beta

St Olaves or Newstead wood Sixth Formers? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in year 11 now, looking for a sixth form. I've been to both Olaves (Orpington) and Newstead open days but I wanted to hear from the students: what is it like at either? What's good? What's bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileypig)
    Hi! I'm in year 11 now, looking for a sixth form. I've been to both Olaves (Orpington) and Newstead open days but I wanted to hear from the students: what is it like at either? What's good? What's bad?
    whatever anyone says **** about there respective sixth forms make sure your username doesn't have your name in it or have a nickname, I said some **** about my sixth form back in the days and the ****ers found out, ****ing IT guys trawl the internet to find stuff people say about the college

ReputationRep:
    I go to Newstead right now ( year 11) and I applied for st olaves as well. Both sixth forms are very good academically (Olaves 6th and Newstead 24th in the country but olaves seems to be stronger in the sciences ( especially physics) but at Newstead the history, english and geography departments are very strong. At Newstead everyone got A*/As in geography except for 2 people.
    At Newstead the atmosphere is really good loads of sixth formers have told me how its really easy to make friends (obviously there are going to be friendship groups that have already formed between the girls) but everyone is extremely nice. The sixth form itself is very small so there are small class sizes which is great for one on one teaching. Last year there were 24 medicine and veterinary places with loads of people getting all A*/As ( quite a few oxbridge places as well). It does really depend on the person in the end with A levels I think the teaching at Newstead and Olaves is the same but olaves is academically stronger with the entrance exam, high gcse requirements and the fact they kick out year 12s who haven't done so well in their As levels.
    That's all I know hope this helps xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.