Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey im close to starting my A2 Physics and was wondering weather anyone had notes i could read just to get a head start, if im going to get an at all good grade for A2 im gonna have to do some reading before it starts as it takes me a bit longer than most to grasp the concepts.

Thanks

Tim

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the A-level syllabus yet i.e. do you know exactly what topics you will be doing for A-level? I did AQA B and i had a Lett's A2 revision guide- from what i remember there were several topics/concepts that were on Edexcel and not AQA.
    If you don't know exactly what you're going to be doing in A2, then a Lett's book might be a good place to start. They cover physics for all major boards (CCEA, AQA A+B, Edexcel, OCR and some others).
    If it's any help- i barely got a C in AS Physics (208/400) and along with and AQA textbook and the Lett's Revision thing I bumped my AS-Level up to a good A (255/300) and got a very comfortable A at A-Level (513/600). I'm not saying it was all down to the particular books or notes because i worked my ass off after the disastorus AS levels! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks mate, il try and get one, you think you did bad i got a D for my AS, but hopefully with retakes i should be able to up that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cesiliade)
    Hey thanks mate, il try and get one, you think you did bad i got a D for my AS, but hopefully with retakes i should be able to up that
    Yeah good point- for some people a C or a D at AS-Level would be great, but when i was aiming for AABB at AS-Level, a C was not what i was expecting! However, I always had high expectations of myself and am somewhat a perfectionist- hence why i worked like a donkey to achieve the 3A's at A-Level. And a bit of comforting info, when you come round to do retakes of AS modules in your A2 year- they will appear so much easier...I pulled my AS practical up from 52/90 to 79/90 by re-doing it in january! So, with a good bit of work and the right materials, it can be done!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.