Turn on thread page Beta

Please can i get some history help on Henry vii asap please watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering if anyone knows why Henry was a new monarch ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xdufhoouduhfwud)
    Hi i was wondering if anyone knows why Henry was a new monarch ?
    I've a few points which might be useful:
    -He was much more meticulous with money than previous monarchs, preferring financial stability to expensive involvement in wars
    -He had a strong desire for stability and security of his dynasty - when his eldest son, Arthur, and his wife died he was distraught (partly due to love) because he had only one remaining male heir, Henry VIII, meaning his dynasty was significantly weaker. He strengthened his dynasty by staying out of wars, unlike previous monarchs, and keeping stability in the country.
    -Part of his desire for stability involved promoting 'professionals' such as accountants and lawyers to the high positions in councils usually reserved for nobility, thereby reducing the power of nobility to rebel against him. This was a move away from Medieval ways of ruling, where nobility were highly powerful, towards a more modern system recognisable today; these 'professionals' can be considered the earliest forms of today's politicians.

There are other reasons but these might help you get started!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.