Turn on thread page Beta

A Recovering Procrastinators Journey to University watch

ReputationRep:
    HI everyone, my name is Kristy and I am a recovering procrastinator. This means that I am trying my up most best to stop procrastinating when it comes to things such as tidying my bedroom (which my parents will be very pleased to hear about as they are always nagging me to clean up the 'bomb site' as well as REVISING.

Ironically, as I am writing this I am actually procrastinating from finishing my maths homework. However, I am starting this blog with the purpose of motivating myself to revise my socks off for my A Level exams, as well as hopefully motivate others to revise too! I will be sharing my revision methods, schedules, struggles and success's.

MY EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

GCSE's:
    2A*'s and 8A's

AS Results:
    Psychology - A
    Biology - B
    Maths - C

A2 Goals: (What my teachers have predicted me to get)
    Psychology - A
    Biology - B
    Maths - A

I will be resitting C1 and C2 from AS in Maths which will hopefully boost my grade up.

MY END GOAL:
    To study Psychology with/and Business at University.
    I am in the process of perfecting my personal statement and plan on sending it off by Tuesday 15th November.

A BIT ABOUT ME:
    I play the flute and alto saxophone and play in a few of my school bands; this has given me the opportunity to travel to and perform in amazing places, such as: Holland & Paris. Also, I love watching TV series, especially loving: The vampire diaries, The Walking Dead, The 100 & Humans. As well as attending band rehearsals 5 hours a week I work part time as a Lifeguard. Oh, and I have 2 beautiful doggies who are Minature Shelties (most people havent heard of the breed before) but they are so ADORABLE! They look a bit like foxes. Heres a photo of one of them for all you dog lovers out there....
    Name:  dog.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  86.4 KB

Ill be posting every few days so come along on this journey with me and keep your eyes pealed

RIght, I had better go and finish my maths homework - NO MORE PROCRASTINATION!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Loving the "recovering procrastinator" title

You've got some really good grades there. What uni are you planning on studying at? Good that you're sending off your PS soon

Cute dog as well, awww

Good luck in your quest! I'm sure you'll do amazing

ReputationRep:
    Good luck and please keep updating 😌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Loving the "recovering procrastinator" title

You've got some really good grades there. What uni are you planning on studying at? Good that you're sending off your PS soon

Cute dog as well, awww

Good luck in your quest! I'm sure you'll do amazing
    Haha, thank you! My top choice is Sussex. Yeah she's adorable & thanks😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Good luck and please keep updating 😌
    Thank you so much! I will do😋

ReputationRep:

SUNDAY 13TH NOVEMBER
    Hi everyone! Today I'm in one of those 'messy bun & getting stuff done' kind of moods. So I have dusted and organised my desk this morning because if my desk is tidy then I feel motivated to work (well that's the plan...)
    Name:  IMG_6479.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  504.1 KB
    Attachment 594656594658594700
    Attachment 594656594658
    I have made a list of things I want to get done today before I head off at 5:30 to perform in a rememberance concert. Most of it is just catching up on my Biology notes - fun! I'll update this post tonight to let you all know how I got on
    [attach]5.9465659465859465e+23[/attach]
    Attached Images

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.