Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to study biomedical sciences at Edinburgh, however I wanted to check something.
    I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, French and History and am predicted A-A* in all of them, which I believe i can achieve (although I'm not sure if I want to drop one when it comes to A level).
    Looking at the requirements for Edinburgh, Biology and Chemistry are the only requirements, however maths and/or physics are required. Obviously i'm not studying either of these, but if I did work hard and achieve the A/A* required, along with a good personal statement, would I still have a decent chance of getting in as those are only recommended?
    (I chose not to study maths or physics as, although I got an A and an A* at GCSE, I didn't feel i would be able to achieve high enough, and at that point I wasn't even sure what I wanted to study at uni.)
    Any advice and help is really appreciated!

You best bet is to email them and ask. Clearly they do take people without them as they only recommend you take them. However they recommend them for a reason as they obviously think they give you an advantage. Usually they put something like this so that they don't have to turn down exceptional candidates who may not have quite the right requirements. However they will be the best people to ask how muchness having them will be a disadvantage

good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.