The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography related EPQ help?

I'm doing an extended project this year and I need some help choosing a topic related to diagnostic radiography. Initially, I had decided to do it on human behaviour whether it depends on nature or nurture but now this no longer interests me. I desperately need help as the deadline for it is coming soon ... :|
Original post by alzdsz
I'm doing an extended project this year and I need some help choosing a topic related to diagnostic radiography. Initially, I had decided to do it on human behaviour whether it depends on nature or nurture but now this no longer interests me. I desperately need help as the deadline for it is coming soon ... :|

You can change the title throughout the year right? The deadline will only be for your supervisor surely.. if so, maybe start looking into radiography and start building a title as you go a long, I didn't have my finished title until towards the end of my essay, it's too difficult otherwise. As you'll know, you need to write something debatable, or controversial or unique, not just "How does an MRI work", so you'll have to look into it a bit more to find something interesting to write about. Maybe consider investigating something like medical advances that have occured because of improved medical imaging, or debating which kind of radiographic imaging is the best. Or debating whether the cost of radiography is worth it, or maybe even look into whether radiography can be dangerous (although, as far as I know, it's not). Another idea I have is looking into how radiography will develop in the future, ie whether we'll still need radiography to make diagnoses, and whether there could be some new imaging techniques. Sadly, EPQ is all about something that would be interesting to a layperson, like investigating how long food lasts past its sell by date or how fast above the speed limit you can drive before getting flashed by a camera. Writing something purely factual won't get marks, so you're just going to have to go on google and find something about radiography that stands out and would grab people's attention if you investigated it. If you can't find anything, then you'll just have to choose a different topic that you can write about (which is what I had to do!)
If you'd like, I could send you my EPQ essay, to give you an idea of what one looks like and what a decent title looks like
Reply 3
Original post by AortaStudyMore
If you'd like, I could send you my EPQ essay, to give you an idea of what one looks like and what a decent title looks like

that would be great thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by AortaStudyMore

Hi I'm having the same problem this year would you consider sending me a copy please so I can at least get the general idea of layout etc :smile:
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending