Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I usually dont reach out on websites like this but im desperate lol so its nearly time for me to give in my personal statement and complete my UCAS form but i have no idea if i even want to go to uni. /im stuck between two completely different subjects (Anthropology and Design) but i have zero clue what I can do with either one. I really struggle with revising which is why i know Anthropology will be hard but then again I have no specific interest when it comes to Art & Design e.g.: graphics design or textiles etc. I really need help with what to do. I dont know if worrying this much means i shouldnt go to universtiy because im indecisive/ university isnt for me or im just really really paranoid about life after uiversity. My mind changes every single day and im now just leaning towards not going because i cant decide thus cant complete my Personal Statement. Please if anyone can give me advice i would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morrdor)
    I usually dont reach out on websites like this but im desperate lol so its nearly time for me to give in my personal statement and complete my UCAS form but i have no idea if i even want to go to uni. /im stuck between two completely different subjects (Anthropology and Design) but i have zero clue what I can do with either one. I really struggle with revising which is why i know Anthropology will be hard but then again I have no specific interest when it comes to Art & Design e.g.: graphics design or textiles etc. I really need help with what to do. I dont know if worrying this much means i shouldnt go to universtiy because im indecisive/ university isnt for me or im just really really paranoid about life after uiversity. My mind changes every single day and im now just leaning towards not going because i cant decide thus cant complete my Personal Statement. Please if anyone can give me advice i would really appreciate it
    The first thing I'd suggest is talk to your teachers about it? Ask them to give you a hand and help you research for future jobs that may interest you perhaps? That's what they're there for. Also are there courses with both of those subjects together available as an option?

On the other hand obviously this is quite an important decision to make, but if you want to do this by yourself go with the subject you have a passion for and really interests you; who knows, you could be doing things in that area of work for the rest of your life?

But to be honest, sometimes things don't work at uni but if you look on the bright side, one thing will lead to another and if you just go with the flow an opportunity will present itself and that one will lead to another and another etc. Furthermore, it's not the end of the world if you don't go to university: my dad went when he was 50 to study to be an ODP after 30 years in public service

I hope this helped and I wish you all the best, whatever your decision is

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Jend01, you should definitely go and talk to a teacher.

It seems like you aren't sure what to do next, and that's okay. The decisions you're making now are big ones.

Have you thought about taking a paid gap year programme that'll give you a bit time and space to really think about where you turn next?

I know that I would (if I'd had the money to support myself) have taken a gap year. You might want to check out something like IBM's Futures Scheme etc.

You aren't alone, so keep reaching out!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.