Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a previous post i spoke about a man who i haf sex with, since then i have found out he gave me genital herpes and i went through hell with it, but the first breakout is over and since i have also met a guy that i am seeing and we are very happy. He knows about what happened and after doing some research and a lot of thinking he wanted to have unprotected sex (i am on the pill for looking after pregnancy). I trusted that he wouldnt get herpes because of how long it had been unactive for and he hadnt had any symptoms. However i have and they dont seem to be normal herpes system. Straight after sex i bled...for 2 days straight without expecting to come on (i am regular and was taking my pill as normal). I thought it had stopped but on the third day there was a very metally smell, something i had when first getting herpes. I assumed it would be the start of an outbreak as i know sex can bring them on however instead i have had this thick brown blood/discharge and the smell has gone and im getting quite a lot of stomach cramps. I really have no idea what this is and has been going on about for about a week. I have had a chlamydia test done recently and came back clear, is this a different std? Herpes symptoms? Pregnancy or ovulation related? Any help would be appreciated, im too nervous to go to the doctor without knowing what it could be at all, im also really scared of and dont trust my doctor, could i ask to see the nurse i like or do i need to go to a sexual health clinic?

ReputationRep:
    Go see a medical professional. It will put your mind at rest much faster than some stranger on the internet. A sexual health clinic is probably your easiest option.

ReputationRep:
    What has been said above. It could be a lot of things, for example you don't say which pill or how long you've been on it, new medications that could interfere, your sexual history, risk of pregnancy etc. The only thing I'll say is that blood often smells metallic because of the iron content so that part is unsurprising. Even if we could help you online we can't treat you if you need it and being scared is perfectly normal, but it doesn't make a problem go away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.