What does it take to be considered for the Clarendon Scholarship?

Watch
mariakrelifa50
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I am in my second year of BA Economics and Politics and I am intending to apply to the University of Oxford for the Mphil in Economics.

As I was going through their funding page, I discovered the Clarendon Scholarship and it seems to be very advantageous and very "respected".

I was just wondering what it would take to be considered and receive the scholarship?

PS: Up to now I have received a prize for best joint degree student in my deparment and my economics grades are roughly above 95%. However I do very poorly with the extra-curricular activity, I am only enrolled in one society, and I don't think I will be publishing anything during my undergrad'.

Also, I am intending to take the GRE, and I would like to know how good my results will have to be for the scholarship?

Any tips and advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Estreth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should be able to find the answers to these questions on the Oxford law web pages, but off the top of my head:

- I don't think you need to do anything other than apply to be considered for the Clarendon, and several other, scholarships (but check this in the application process!)
- Extra-curricular activity won't be of much significance
- If you'd published something that would be great but the vast majority of applicants won't have published anything either, and the very few that have might not have published anything particularly good
- Who knows how good your results will have to be? Do the best you can in your BA and apply for the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.48%
Uncertainty around my education (61)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (64)
12.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (69)
13.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (29)
5.48%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (24)
4.54%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (56)
10.59%
Financial worries (32)
6.05%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.78%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
6.24%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.84%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (53)
10.02%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (44)
8.32%

Watched Threads