Turn on thread page Beta

This girl likes me but I'm not lesbian watch

ReputationRep:
    So this girl I will call her A she likes me but I didn't know that so her friend J comes up to me one day and asks do you only date guys I said yes and I was really confused

The next day she says their is this girl who likes you.And I had no idea what to say.The day after that she tells me it's A who likes me anf she is going to ask me out in choir.A sits right next to me in choir.

She didn't ask me out then but today she asked me out in study hall and lots of people were watching.I said I'm sorry but I only date guys but your really nice and pretty.

Later someone told me she started crying and I felt horrible because I know that was hard for her.I tried to avoid he in the halls later that day.

When I go home i went onto Snapchat and some of my friends who I didn't tell this to asked if A added me out and I was like who told you that.So now I'm scared lots of people now know.

What do I do tomorrow because A sits right next to me? And how to I overcome this guilt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunnyhopper)
    So this girl I will call her A she likes me but I didn't know that so her friend J comes up to me one day and asks do you only date guys I said yes and I was really confused

The next day she says their is this girl who likes you.And I had no idea what to say.The day after that she tells me it's A who likes me anf she is going to ask me out in choir.A sits right next to me in choir.

She didn't ask me out then but today she asked me out in study hall and lots of people were watching.I said I'm sorry but I only date guys but your really nice and pretty.

Later someone told me she started crying and I felt horrible because I know that was hard for her.I tried to avoid he in the halls later that day.

When I go home i went onto Snapchat and some of my friends who I didn't tell this to asked if A added me out and I was like who told you that.So now I'm scared lots of people now know.

What do I do tomorrow because A sits right next to me? And how to I overcome this guilt?
    Perhaps date her once just to be polite. If not just pretend nothing happened and hopefully she will find someone else...

ReputationRep:

A cannot force you into a relationship with her as you are straight and if she cannot help but like you then that's her problem, you don't want to date her that's your choice, you don't need to feel guilty because it's not your fault A's a lesbian, and if shes that desperate tell her to go get a sex change

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel guilty for being straight.

No way should you have to feel guilty. You turned her down politely, thats it. You made it clear that you're only interested in guys. Just because shes crying that doesnt mean you should pretend to be a lesbian//bi just to make her happy.
    Maybe approach her as a friend and tell her you would love to hang out but that theres no chance of you ever going out

ReputationRep:

If i was A i would have tried to get to know you better and whether you were into girls plus she should have asked you out in private not in front of everyone which is probably why she is in tears as she might be feeling embarrassed.
    You were polite when you turned her down so you did the right thing. It may be awkward but more awkward for her than you i think.
    If i was you just act normal like how you were before she asked you out and hopefully she will feel less awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you were really nice compared to other people who are really mean about letting someone down but as long as you let her down gently she will recover , best thing to do is keep talking to her and keep being her friend other wise the situation will get worse , as a fellow lesbian i know how she feels .

ReputationRep:
    Update: I had choir with her today and I had to sit right next to her and it was the most weirdest thing ever!

ReputationRep:
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    Would this be an issue if A was a boy , but you weren;t attracted to them for whatever (none sexualtiy / gender identiy ) reason ?

you;d say thanks but no thanks and move on ...

ReputationRep:
    And how to I overcome this guilt?
    Post rejection guilt is pointless, they force you into a position of either a relationship you really don't want or causing upset in these cases. In effect it's them that have caused their own grief, not you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.