I've not had my period in 4 months? thanks Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm almost 100% certain that the cause is that I went on a diet and lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in about 3 and a half months
however I now eat a lot some days and then try to be healthy on others but my period hasn't returned

I feel stupid going to the doctors when I know the cause but I don't know how to get them back.
would I have to regain all that weight because I really don't want to

btw I'm 18, about 5 foot 7" in height and weigh about 8 stone and 8pounds so my BMI is about 18.9 which is in healthy range
thank you!
pinkrox22310
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm almost 100% certain that the cause is that I went on a diet and lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in about 3 and a half months
however I now eat a lot some days and then try to be healthy on others but my period hasn't returned

I feel stupid going to the doctors when I know the cause but I don't know how to get them back.

btw I'm 18, about 5 foot 7" in height and weigh about 8 stone and 8pounds so my BMI is about 18.9 which is in healthy range
thank you!
FORGOT TO SAY I'M DEFINITELY NOT PREGNANT
thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by pinkrox22310)
Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?
nope defintely not x
oShahpo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you know you're not pregnant? I mean, Mary only knew when the baby came out, so who knows?
pinkrox22310
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It could be due to changes of your diet i would advise you to see a doctor and they should be able to help. In the mean time take a pregnancy test just incase?
VaticanCameos
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm having the exact same problem! no period for nearly 4 months and have been to the doctor, not pregnant and nothing seems to be wrong but I'm so frustrated. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
finallyizzy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You sound very stressed about not having a period and funny enough, stress is something which delays period. Also a change in diet.

Just enjoy not having them whilst you can. If you can't be pregnant then what's the worry, you're free for a while
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

thank you!
4 months is quite a long time for your period to be messed up by. It's still totally possible that it's diet or stress or any of the usual culprits, but by this point it is worth booking to see your doctor just to be safe cos there are some more sinister causes and there can be issues that arise from not having your period.
Btw you will not have to regain the weight to bring them back if that is the cause.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.2%
No (455)
72.8%

Watched Threads