Turn on thread page Beta

I've not had my period in 4 months? thanks watch

I'm almost 100% certain that the cause is that I went on a diet and lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in about 3 and a half months
    however I now eat a lot some days and then try to be healthy on others but my period hasn't returned

I feel stupid going to the doctors when I know the cause but I don't know how to get them back.
    would I have to regain all that weight because I really don't want to

btw I'm 18, about 5 foot 7" in height and weigh about 8 stone and 8pounds so my BMI is about 18.9 which is in healthy range
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm almost 100% certain that the cause is that I went on a diet and lost 1 stone and 4 pounds in about 3 and a half months
    however I now eat a lot some days and then try to be healthy on others but my period hasn't returned

I feel stupid going to the doctors when I know the cause but I don't know how to get them back.

btw I'm 18, about 5 foot 7" in height and weigh about 8 stone and 8pounds so my BMI is about 18.9 which is in healthy range
    thank you!
    FORGOT TO SAY I'M DEFINITELY NOT PREGNANT
    thanks

(Original post by pinkrox22310)
    Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?
    nope defintely not x

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you're not pregnant? I mean, Mary only knew when the baby came out, so who knows?

ReputationRep:
    It could be due to changes of your diet i would advise you to see a doctor and they should be able to help. In the mean time take a pregnancy test just incase?

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the exact same problem! no period for nearly 4 months and have been to the doctor, not pregnant and nothing seems to be wrong but I'm so frustrated. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You sound very stressed about not having a period and funny enough, stress is something which delays period. Also a change in diet.

Just enjoy not having them whilst you can. If you can't be pregnant then what's the worry, you're free for a while
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)

thank you!
    4 months is quite a long time for your period to be messed up by. It's still totally possible that it's diet or stress or any of the usual culprits, but by this point it is worth booking to see your doctor just to be safe cos there are some more sinister causes and there can be issues that arise from not having your period.
    Btw you will not have to regain the weight to bring them back if that is the cause.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.