Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    gcse 1A*6A2B
    AS AAAC in maths physics chemistry and further maths respectively.
    predicted A*A*A maths chemistry and physics
    my grades I know are very sub-par Oxbridge applicant. But I was wondering If i could get in if I took a gap year and retaking maths chemistry and physics, as well as AS+A2 fmaths and got A*A*A*A* with some form of work experience
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Generally unis are more interested in your A levels so don't worry about your GCSEs unless they're considered by your uni. Entry requirements are on the uni websites.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Chemgawd99)
    gcse 1A*6A2B
    AS AAAC in maths physics chemistry and further maths respectively.
    predicted A*A*A maths chemistry and physics
    my grades I know are very sub-par Oxbridge applicant. But I was wondering If i could get in if I took a gap year and retaking maths chemistry and physics, as well as AS+A2 fmaths and got A*A*A*A* with some form of work experience
    As per alleycat.

Also, work experience is not required.

However you have missed the Oxbridge deadline so an application this year is not an option anyway. Yes you can certainly apply next year as a gap year applicant.

For Cambridge there is no need, and no advantage, resitting your GCSEs. And don't retake entire A-levels either, but adding FM is a good idea.

Bottomline: to any future hesitating Oxbridge applicant, if you are on target to achieve the typical offer requirements you should apply. The guaranteed way to miss an offer, is by not applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.