Unfair UCAS Predictions Watch

NoChillBruh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I do Biology, Chemistry Physics and Maths currently. At AS I achieved AABC respectively but my predictions are lower at ABBB. I want to apply for Pharmacy at UCL but I am concerned, will they overlook predictions of AS grades are better?
SamLuxa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go talk to your teachers and tell them to buck up their ideas (more nicely of course!). If they don't want to then tell them (or email) yu want a meeting to occur between you, your parents and the school. It'll scare the living s*** out of them and they;ll give you bettwr predicted grades.

I myself really pushed for good predicted grades and after getting AABB at AS I got predicted of A*A*A.
AnkitKapoor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NoChillBruh)
I do Biology, Chemistry Physics and Maths currently. At AS I achieved AABC respectively but my predictions are lower at ABBB. I want to apply for Pharmacy at UCL but I am concerned, will they overlook predictions of AS grades are better?
That's really unfair... They should predict you AAA, even A*A*A if your A grades were 87/90% above. As long as they're not too high so the Unis don't take you seriously and look bad on the school, and you have a back up which is AAB or similar there is no reason why they shouldn't predict you a little higher. You're almost an adult ! If you miss your offers then it's your own problem, but you should have the freedom to be more ambitious ! ( within reason). It will give you a motivation to work harder. I agree with above, parents meetings scare the crap out of teachers.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would politely suggest to your teacher that the predicated grades should be higher based on AS results. However if your teacher has only has evidence to back up the grades originally predicted then they really have a responsibility to stick to those grades. This could be through homework, coursework, class tests, etc...

Upping predicted grades should never happen based just because it is requested, or because you need it for a course.

Good luck.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnkitKapoor)
...parents meetings scare the crap out of teachers.
Only really in situations where teachers have taken or have been forced to take shortcuts in processes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads