The Student Room Group

uni transfer

can i use my old personal statement and just add in a paragraph about my transfer
You can yes but it's better to rewrite to make sure the statement is up-to-date and relevant and to show you've made an effort. It won't get you into trouble though.
If you haven't you should first check that the Uni are willing to accept transfers at all, and for that course in particular, and exactly what the entry requirements would be, ie. A levels/GCSEs and what grade from your current study.

You need to clearly explain why you want to transfer - in academic terms - 'I dont like where I am' isnt enough.
Reply 3
It's probably not a good idea to use the same statement because if you sign up with the same email as the first time you applied then UCAS will be able to link your applications together. So when I applied to transfer, I was given the same UCAS ID number as I was last time, even though I made a new application. I think the universities are able to see your first application, I'm pretty sure I read that here somewhere on the Uni Transfer FAQ thread but check again with UCAS Support just to be sure.

Your PS should be more developed now anyway and you should incorporate some of the things you've learnt at degree level because you're asking to go into Year 2, not Year 1 again.

Quick Reply

Latest