Cardiff University Applicants 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Met my offer for Modern Languages and Translation :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Evgenymar
Lucky you! I am still waiting confirmation of accommodation

They're usually pretty quick about it from what I understand though! Mine went through the same day I applied, my friend's was only the next day. Hopefully yours won't be too long either ^^
Original post by CastCuraga
They're usually pretty quick about it from what I understand though! Mine went through the same day I applied, my friend's was only the next day. Hopefully yours won't be too long either ^^

I hope so:smile: See you in September:smile:
Original post by Quixote.
Met my offer for Modern Languages and Translation :smile:

Me too! What language will you be doing? I'm going to be doing Japanese haha (:
anyone had an offer for english lit??:h:
Hi! I've got unconditional offer. Should I go through online enrolment first and then confirm my CAS?
For anyone who got a computer science place at Cardiff. There is a group chat available on Facebook.
Original post by awkwardpeach

Same!

I've got my accommodation allocated, should I pay for it during confirmation, or I can pay for it later?
Original post by Evgenymar
I've got my accommodation allocated, should I pay for it during confirmation, or I can pay for it later?

Eh? I don't know if it's different in your hall choice but I didn't have to pay anything just to confirm my room...only setting up a debit plan for my account .-.

I would imagine you can pay later though. Cardiff doesn't make you pay the rent until like mid-October because of how long it takes Student Finance to pay up, I can't imagine them having a charge here
Original post by Quixote.
Same!

Original post by awkwardpeach

Is this part of your degree or are you guys doing it for the Languages for All thing? Bc I picked Japanese for that so I might be with you guys for that c:
Eh? I don't know if it's different in your hall choice but I didn't have to pay anything just to confirm my room...only setting up a debit plan for my account .-.

I would imagine you can pay later though. Cardiff doesn't make you pay the rent until like mid-October because of how long it takes Student Finance to pay up, I can't imagine them having a charge here

I guess it's different situation for me as I am an international student. I've read about it and I have to open U.K. Bank account to pay for accommodation. Thanks:smile:
Just to hijack this thread a little bit to say a huge congratulations to all you freshers who are studying at Cardiff University, it's not a decision you'll ever regret!

I'm a SocSi (BPS Social Sciences) 2nd Year student at Cardiff, and am the Secretary for the SocSi Society, and if you are studying the following;

Criminology,
Education,
Social Policy,
Sociology,
Social Sciences,
Human and Social Sciences,
Social Analytics

Please don't hesitate to get in contact and explore our social media to help you find other students who are studying the same subject!

Our Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1648740918729282/
Our Twitter - https://twitter.com/SocsiSocietyCU

We're planning lots of fun things for you freshers to welcome you to the course, so don't hesitate to get involved!

Sophie
Is this part of your degree or are you guys doing it for the Languages for All thing? Bc I picked Japanese for that so I might be with you guys for that c:

I'm doing it as part of my degree.

I've been looking at Chinese for the Languages for All!
Anyone going to be staying at Taly North? I just accepted my offer :h:
Anyone going to be studying Biology??
I've been allocated Taly South for accommodation but I'm a little reluctant to accept as I've heard horror stories about it, for example the silverfish infestation. I know uni rooms will never be the best but while I'd love to stay in South for the social side the stories I've heard is putting me off. Any advice?
Anyone know if there's a Talybont Gate group chat? Thanks
Original post by zoe_123
I've been allocated Taly South for accommodation but I'm a little reluctant to accept as I've heard horror stories about it, for example the silverfish infestation. I know uni rooms will never be the best but while I'd love to stay in South for the social side the stories I've heard is putting me off. Any advice?

I'm in Taly North, would you be keen on swapping?
Hey, sorry I've actually decided to stay where I am I've met my flat mates and things. Hope you find something though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending