The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePhoenixLament
My friend and I both got in with ABB and BBB with an AAB offer. This was 2 years ago and it does just depend on each year with how many people meet their offer.

ahh hopefully it'll be similar this year I'm so worried, did you enjoy the course??
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Gaby123
Oh, I sat OCR papers. I think all the exam boards have got harder because of A level reform. Never mind... what subjects did you take?

yeah they've all gotten so much harder!! well I sat OCR PE, wjec biology and chemistry and welsh baccalaureate, you?:smile:
Original post by Georgiejones13
ahh hopefully it'll be similar this year I'm so worried, did you enjoy the course??

I'm not the best person to ask as I dropped out at the start of second year. I changed as a person when I went to uni and Pharmacy wasn't for me by mid-way through first year. All I can say is make sure you have work experience and have talked TO THE PHARMACIST, not just the dispensing assistants. I wanted to be more involved in patient care so I am now going to start Nursing at Cardiff in September. So from that you can tell I definitely recommend Cardiff! It's a gorgeous place to live, it's got everything you need to live happily and it's got the cheapest rent in the UK. What more could you want!?
My friends still on Pharmacy have been finding it still quite stressful but you'll get that anywhere. Most important to me was where I would be living- and Cardiff as a city just won that hands down for me and I don't regret my decision at all.
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I'm not the best person to ask as I dropped out at the start of second year. I changed as a person when I went to uni and Pharmacy wasn't for me by mid-way through first year. All I can say is make sure you have work experience and have talked TO THE PHARMACIST, not just the dispensing assistants. I wanted to be more involved in patient care so I am now going to start Nursing at Cardiff in September. So from that you can tell I definitely recommend Cardiff! It's a gorgeous place to live, it's got everything you need to live happily and it's got the cheapest rent in the UK. What more could you want!?
My friends still on Pharmacy have been finding it still quite stressful but you'll get that anywhere. Most important to me was where I would be living- and Cardiff as a city just won that hands down for me and I don't regret my decision at all.

yeah I'm the exact same I love cardiff so much so I was so sure I wanted to go there!! ahh I see I really hope I enjoy it if I get in
Original post by Georgiejones13
yeah they've all gotten so much harder!! well I sat OCR PE, wjec biology and chemistry and welsh baccalaureate, you?:smile:

A level biology, maths, and chemistry.
Anyone applied for Archaeology?
Original post by Evgenymar
Hello! I have received conditional offer for biomedical science BSc, do you know if I can transfer to Biomedical science with Professional Training during my studies?

At the course open day I was at in February they mentioned that you can swap when you get there!
Original post by Kyou
Anyone have an offer for Physics at Cardiff?

Yes! I'll be starting Astrophysics BSc in September. :smile:
Original post by Mikachui
I've made Cartwright Court my first choice for the quiet living option. My other 2 top choices are Student houses in Column Road and The Village. :h:

Hi Megan!

I chose Cartwright Court for the quiet living too and am now confirmed to be living there. Maybe see you soon!

James
Reply 289
Original post by theRealDyer
Hi Megan!

I chose Cartwright Court for the quiet living too and am now confirmed to be living there. Maybe see you soon!

James

Hey guys,
I will be living hopefully in Cartwright court as well! Keep me updated, we may be housemates :smile:
Reply 290
Name: Maddie
Course:Geography
AS Grades: A B U
A2 Predicted Grades: ABC
Unis Applied To: kings college London, Cardiff, queen Mary London, Sussex and Oxford Brookes.
Offers? All
What does it mean if the course that I applied for at Cardiff is in clearing ?
Original post by Zara0526
What does it mean if the course that I applied for at Cardiff is in clearing ?

Just that they have at least a few extra spaces left. Universities usually give out more offers than there are available spaces because a number of students end up not getting their grades or changing their mind. And there's no way to accurately guess how many won't end up coming. So once it's known, Cardiff got all the grades sent to them last weekend, they put the course into clearing if they still have some spaces to fill.
Anyone else doing Biomedical Science? Just got my place! :woo:
Original post by CastCuraga
Anyone else doing Biomedical Science? Just got my place! :woo:

Me!!! :smile:
Me!!! :smile:

Ayy, congrats!! Which halls are you picking? I might see you :smile:

Thank you, you too!:smile: Talybont South is my first choice, then goes Collum Hall

What about you?
Thank you, you too!:smile: Talybont South is my first choice, then goes Collum Hall

Thank you! :smile: I'm in Collum Road, sorted that out quite a while back hehe :tongue:
Thank you! :smile: I'm in Collum Road, sorted that out quite a while back hehe :tongue:

Lucky you! I am still waiting confirmation of accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending