Turn on thread page Beta

Why do/don't you wear make up? watch

• Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Do you wear make up? Why? Do you wear it for yourself or others? Does it help confidence, or do you wear it more because you like the art side of it? Or why don't you wear it?

I used to wear make up most days, but don't often wear make up on a usual daily basis anymore, I prefer to save it for more special occasions like nights out etc. I would prefer longer in bed in the morning, and I worry that daily use would be bad for my skin - plus it can get expensive to wear it every day! When I do wear it I do usually feel more confident, but would never wear it for anyone else, just myself
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't because I prefer the natural look.

I also don't want to find out what I look like with makeup...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't wear make-up mostly out of laziness. Other reasons include I have shaky hands so me poking myself around my face wouldn't go so well Also no one has never taught me how to apply make-up, so I am totally clueless about how to do it

I'm so used to not wearing make-up that when I wear make-up (say, for someone's wedding), it distresses me :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Do you wear make up? Why? Do you wear it for yourself or others? Does it help confidence, or do you wear it more because you like the art side of it? Or why don't you wear it?

I used to wear make up most days, but don't often wear make up on a usual daily basis anymore, I prefer to save it for more special occasions like nights out etc. I would prefer longer in bed in the morning, and I worry that daily use would be bad for my skin - plus it can get expensive to wear it every day! When I do wear it I do usually feel more confident, but would never wear it for anyone else, just myself
    My plain face is enough
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ok so I rarely wear makeup. Only for veryyyyy special occasions (uni interviews).
    I'm currently fighting acne and do not feel wearing it full-time would particularly help and stopped caring about what others thought. I'm also allergic to some makeup so I have to be careful. I never wear much/any eye makup as I have really bad hayfever and, well you can imagine :lol:

Main reason is, like high heels, it feels uncomfortable on my face and avoiding it whenever possible is the preferred option

HEHE
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up almost every day because it makes me feel more confident. I look younger than my age and it helps me look older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I don't wear make-up mostly out of laziness. Other reasons include I have shaky hands so me poking myself around my face wouldn't go so well Also no one has never taught me how to apply make-up, so I am totally clueless about how to do it

I'm so used to not wearing make-up that when I wear make-up (say, for someone's wedding), it distresses me :getmecoat:
    im exactly the same
    are we the same person??

ReputationRep:
    I wear makeup on a daily basis because it makes me feel more confident. When I'm not looking my best I tend to be a bit more withdrawn.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I haven't for the past 4 years. Before then I had real confidence issues and struggled to go down the road without any on but one day I d stayed somewhere overnight and forgotten to pack some and no one seemed to care or notice so been make up free ever since. I do seem to look younger as a result and barely ever get spots or dry skin now.

ReputationRep:

Same here. I don't like wearing make up on daily bases. Cause for all the reasons you mentioned above and also...I'm just too lazy!! :P. I wear for myself and not for other's sake. I find that pointless tbh. Cause whether you wear make up or not it's still you and if people don't like the you who doesn't wear make up then they don't like the real you....Lol I just confused myself right now :'). But oh well but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Ok so I rarely wear makeup. Only for veryyyyy special occasions (uni interviews).
    I'm currently fighting acne and do not feel wearing it full-time would particularly help and stopped caring about what others thought. I'm also allergic to some makeup so I have to be careful. I never wear much/any eye makup as I have really bad hayfever and, well you can imagine :lol:

Main reason is, like high heels, it feels uncomfortable on my face and avoiding it whenever possible is the preferred option

HEHE
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Perfect :love:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    Perfect :love:
    :lovehug:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Too much effort. :yawn:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There's no point.

ReputationRep:

It can get expensive wearing it every day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I don't because I prefer the natural look.

I also don't want to find out what I look like with makeup...
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear alot i wear eyeliner and lip gloss if necessary. why? lol because I'm ugly af

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up, I don't like how it looks on me and I also find it uncomfortable to put on (eyeliner and mascara especially), so I don't bother with it

ReputationRep:
    Don't need it

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked makeup but I never wore much of it in my 20's and 30's; just mascara and concealer and tinted lip balm mostly. Now that I'm early 40's I am using it more but I have fussy skin, it's taken me months to find a foundation that agrees with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.