Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello, well basically i messed up my A-levels and im 5 marks off an A in A2 Maths and at the moment im trying to get into a Maths course through clearing and some of the unis want an A for Maths, do you think there's any point getting some of my papers remarked or is 5 marks too big of a margin? Advice much appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    ermmm it depends on how well you think you did if you think you got an A then get it remarked and im not sure which unit you are talking about so i cant say whether its hard or easy for you to go up although its pretty hard to begin with as maths is usually either right or wrong so......

ReputationRep:
    well i thought i did better than 66 in M1 but i was surprised i got 63 in C4 cos i thought i really messed that module up.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm 66 is pretty low and 63 for C4 is pretty low too i would say if you think you def. got better then remark but i doubt it would go up go through the MS and see if you can remember any of it and if you think you did better then get remark

ReputationRep:
    :eek: there's MS, i didn't know , thanks, im gonna go check them out.
    btw i did better than i thought in C4 not the other way round, so i doubt it would go up

ReputationRep:
    Its is MATHS so dont get your hopes up.
    But DEFO remark, this is your future, 40-80 GBP should be worth it, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick 'n' Shady)
    Its is MATHS so dont get your hopes up.
    But DEFO remark, this is your future, 40-80 GBP should be worth it, surely?
    Yeah I agree. If the courses you are interested in through Clearing require an A in Maths, and you wouldn't want to go elsewhere, then get a priority remark. If your mark goes down or stays the same, you could always go back to college/6th form for another year to resit one or two of your modules in order to get the A. How confident were you after your exams that you'd got an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    Yeah I agree. If the courses you are interested in through Clearing require an A in Maths, and you wouldn't want to go elsewhere, then get a priority remark. If your mark goes down or stays the same, you could always go back to college/6th form for another year to resit one or two of your modules in order to get the A. How confident were you after your exams that you'd got an A?
    I wasn't really that confident, it was very borderline but im sure i got higher than 66 in M1.

Has anyone had any maths remarks go up?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go for it. More than any other subject, maths is likely to have been marked accurately.

ReputationRep:
    If your uni place rests on it then what have you got to lose? I'd definitely go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    I wasn't really that confident, it was very borderline but im sure i got higher than 66 in M1.

Has anyone had any maths remarks go up?
    Go for it!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.