Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to the student room and I'm not sure if this post is in the right place, I apologise if not.
    I am in my first year in university and have been getting quite behind due to not attending enough and not completing coursework/homework.
    Christmas is coming up and there are two more terms after this one, is there still a chance to catch up or is it too late?

ReputationRep:
    Of course there's a chance. Do a few hours each day starting from now, and make sure you focus and actually do the work instead of having work in front of you but doing something else.

You'll be fine in no time. Just got to stay consistent.

ReputationRep:
    you're fine, first year doesn't count/counts for little so just do what you can and make sure you pass all your exams at the end of the semester and then buck up your ideas next semester
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hazardflames)
    I'm new to the student room and I'm not sure if this post is in the right place, I apologise if not.
    I am in my first year in university and have been getting quite behind due to not attending enough and not completing coursework/homework.
    Christmas is coming up and there are two more terms after this one, is there still a chance to catch up or is it too late?
    Hello

Is there a reason you have missed quite a few lectures and not completing your coursework? I ask because depending on the reason and if your university knows these reasons, you'll be able to get extensions to help you.

There is always time - ensure you start attending your lectures and completing your work, put in a few hours each day and just start getting that effort back into your work!

If you're struggling, talk to student support or your lecturers and let them know.

Good luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.