Cambridge PGCE primary interview Watch

zallier
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there!

I have been asked to attend an interview with Cambridge University for PGCE General Primary.

I've read what I found on the forum but most of the posts on this subject are from people who were also about to go to their interview but who hadn't actually attended yet.

Is there anyone who has already had their interview who would be willing to share some of their wisedom (i.e. telling me how the interview unfolds)

Thanks!
_becjones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zallier)
Hi there!

I have been asked to attend an interview with Cambridge University for PGCE General Primary.

I've read what I found on the forum but most of the posts on this subject are from people who were also about to go to their interview but who hadn't actually attended yet.

Is there anyone who has already had their interview who would be willing to share some of their wisedom (i.e. telling me how the interview unfolds)

Thanks!

Hey! I've also been invited for interview for the Primary PGCE at Cambridge. When is your interview / how was it if you've already been?

If you've not had it already I've heard that it's not as daunting as imagined.. the interviewers are all really nice and congratulate you for getting to the interview stage. All they want to see is that you are enthusiastic about teaching, learning, and working with children
zallier
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by _becjones)
Hey! I've also been invited for interview for the Primary PGCE at Cambridge. When is your interview / how was it if you've already been?

If you've not had it already I've heard that it's not as daunting as imagined.. the interviewers are all really nice and congratulate you for getting to the interview stage. All they want to see is that you are enthusiastic about teaching, learning, and working with children
That's reassuring! I've heard the same about the interview but I'm still going to try to be as prepared as possible. What have you prepared for it? What kind of presentation are you going to give?

It's good to hear someone else is thinking about this!
flick63
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I already had mine. 1st- Group discussion on educational issues. 2nd - Your individual presentation to the group about a worthwhile learning activity. They will ask you questions afterwards. 3rd - Then you have 55 minutes for the written task BUT they take you out for your 15 minute individual interview during this time... Cheeky!

Questions were pretty standard. Most ended up being quite personal to me and my application.

Feel free to ask any more questions and good luck!
_becjones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flick63)
I already had mine. 1st- Group discussion on educational issues. 2nd - Your individual presentation to the group about a worthwhile learning activity. They will ask you questions afterwards. 3rd - Then you have 55 minutes for the written task BUT they take you out for your 15 minute individual interview during this time... Cheeky!

Questions were pretty standard. Most ended up being quite personal to me and my application.

Feel free to ask any more questions and good luck!
Ahhh, I had mine today! It wasn't as bad as expected, but I'm not too sure how it went. Have you heard back from them? Good luck if you haven't yet!
Alicepert
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, i've applied but waiting to hear back. May i ask what kind of qualifications you have and what university you attend/ed.
I am feeling disheartened and would like to know about others who are receiving interviews.\
Thanks for any help
BethanyJane
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya! I got an offer from Cambridge shortly after my interview! Absolutely over the moon, it is literally a dream come true.

The people there are lovely, so try not to feel too nervous for the interviews. The interviewers emphasised that we weren't competing with one another, so we should feel at ease and simply showcase the best parts of ourselves.

Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll all see each other next year!
Ashleighhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya, I got an offer from Cambridge shortly after my interview too. The interviewers were really nice and it all felt really relaxed. I'm currently studying Psychology but they didn't really focus on qualifications, they were more interested in experience.

Good luck and if you have any questions about the interview I'd be happy to help 😊
BethanyJane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ashleighhh)
Hiya, I got an offer from Cambridge shortly after my interview too. The interviewers were really nice and it all felt really relaxed. I'm currently studying Psychology but they didn't really focus on qualifications, they were more interested in experience.

Good luck and if you have any questions about the interview I'd be happy to help 😊
Congratulations! Is that for Primary? Have you made it your firm?
Ashleighhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BethanyJane)
Congratulations! Is that for Primary? Have you made it your firm?
Yeah and yeah 😊 Very nervous now though!
You?
BethanyJane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah and yeah 😊 Very nervous now though!
You?
Yay! I have too! I'm also nervous but see you next year!
BethanyJane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alicepert)
Hey, i've applied but waiting to hear back. May i ask what kind of qualifications you have and what university you attend/ed.
I am feeling disheartened and would like to know about others who are receiving interviews.\
Thanks for any help
Don't be disheartened! I'm sure you'll hear very soon!
Teachingdream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congratulations to those offered places and hopefully the ones waiting will hear back soon. I've got an interview in 2017 so will be spending my Christmas preparing everything!
Ashleighhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Teachingdream)
Congratulations to those offered places and hopefully the ones waiting will hear back soon. I've got an interview in 2017 so will be spending my Christmas preparing everything!
Good luck for your interview! Is your interview also with Cambridge? If you have any questions about anything I'd be happy to help if I can
Teachingdream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck for your interview! Is your interview also with Cambridge? If you have any questions about anything I'd be happy to help if I can
Thanks! It is at Cambridge after Christmas so I'll be spending the next few weeks preparing! Feeling very excited but nervous too!
NicoChico
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone! Congratulations to all those who have received offers so far! I have my interview next Friday. Does anyone have info/tips on the written exercise? I left university 8 years ago so I'm a bit out of practice with academic writing!

Thanks! 🙂
Teachingdream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NicoChico)
Hi everyone! Congratulations to all those who have received offers so far! I have my interview next Friday. Does anyone have info/tips on the written exercise? I left university 8 years ago so I'm a bit out of practice with academic writing!

Thanks! 🙂
Well done on getting an interview! As the others have said, they are all very friendly and do there best to put you at ease. For the written exercise - remember they aren't expecting a Masters level long essay for this, just proof that you can construct a written piece of work. Don't worry about when you left uni - they will be interested in what you've been doing since then and it's not a disadvantage. Let us know how you get on
NicoChico
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you! And good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews
musicisme
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cambridge interviews are nothing to stress about they are the most relaxed out of all of the interviews I have had. They emphasise the fact that they have spaces for everyone that is at the interview stage and so you need to present the best of yourself which put me at ease
the lecturers were all very relaxed and friendly and the day really did fly in!
They emphasise that the written task is as much to assess the quality of your handwriting skills than it is to assess a masters level of writing so don't worry about that stage at all.
They let me know within 6 hours of my interview being done that I had an offer..GOOD LUCK
hat4216
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How long did it take to hear back from Cambridge? I keep hearing tales of people receiving offers within hours and am feeling as if an offer is increasingly unlikely...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%