Cambridge PGCE primary interview Watch

lac2260
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone! Congratulations on your offers and interviews. I received an invitation for interview on the Secondary English PGCE last Friday! I was bowled over, I did not expect to be given an interview, did not tell anyone (even my mum) that I had applied for Cambridge! The interview is this Thursday, so feeling a little stressed about lack of preparation time! The comments made here about the supportive environment are making me feel a whole lot better though

If anyone has any experience of the English Interview experience I would really appreciate some information about what the day involves! For example, I have planned my presentation on being able to involve the other interviewees (as I would a class), is this going to be possible?
NicoChico
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Teachingdream)
Well done on getting an interview! As the others have said, they are all very friendly and do there best to put you at ease. For the written exercise - remember they aren't expecting a Masters level long essay for this, just proof that you can construct a written piece of work. Don't worry about when you left uni - they will be interested in what you've been doing since then and it's not a disadvantage. Let us know how you get on
Hey!!
I'm really pleased to say I got an offer on Friday afternoon after my interview. So I guess I'll be starting the Primary PGCE in September!
Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews; as others have said, it's super relaxed so don't worry!
29BethL29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone, I don't really know if this is the right place to ask, but I applied to the General Primary PGCE at Cambridge 2 weeks ago on Thursday (probably technically Friday as I did it fairly late). How quickly did you get your interviews? I've yet to hear anything. Thank you!!
pumpkindream79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone! I have an interview for General Primary PGCE at Cambridge next week which I'm really excited/nervous about! I'm thinking now about which two colleges to put down on the application form. Which ones does everyone think are best for PGCE students? I'm guessing probably Homerton?
Jarjarbings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, I got an interview at Cambridge but I’m a little worried about the presentation since I haven’t told to prepare any specific topic. Are we supposed to come up with the presentation on the day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads