Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    now, ive come across a listing on ebay.

Someone is selling a fart in a jar for 85 quid! what is that all about???

is this really an art form? there seems to be a lot of info about how he got it in there but is it really worth 85 quid?

a note to mods and such... im not sure if this is the right forum for this post so please move my thread if you think of a better place for it

ReputationRep:
    what the ****
    how is that art
    what are you on
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    that what i thought? everyone can fart, and many people have jars...

ReputationRep:
    is it someone famous'?

ReputationRep:
    erm, i wouldnt pay 85 quid for a fart from the pope..... or maybe i would...

ReputationRep:
    im temped to bid, its only a fiver...

ReputationRep:
    It's free if you do it yourself :p:

xx

ReputationRep:
    lol, moron.

ReputationRep:
    Who me? Why?

xx

ReputationRep:
    there was an artist who sold his own excrement a while ago 'merde d'artista' (Piero Manzoni IIRC) - 90 small cans of 30g each, priced the same as the equivalent weight of gold. - Quite a good artistic statement really and worth quite a bit now, although he sold very few, as most were given to artist friends. Due to the sealing method, and corrosion as well as gasses inside the tins, some have since exploded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by focusST)
    now, ive come across a listing on ebay.

Someone is selling a fart in a jar for 85 quid! what is that all about???

is this really an art form? there seems to be a lot of info about how he got it in there but is it really worth 85 quid?

a note to mods and such... im not sure if this is the right forum for this post so please move my thread if you think of a better place for it
    You really need to ask? ;no;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    there was an artist who sold his own excrement a while ago 'merde d'artista' (Piero Manzoni IIRC) - 90 small cans of 30g each, priced the same as the equivalent weight of gold. - Quite a good artistic statement really and worth quite a bit now, although he sold very few, as most were given to artist friends. Due to the sealing method, and corrosion as well as gasses inside the tins, some have since exploded

ew.

ReputationRep:
    You guys never had a fart jar when you were a kid?

ReputationRep:
    lol, i thought id post the link...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FART-IN-A-JAR-...QQcmdZViewItem

ReputationRep:
    lol, i thought id post the link...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FART-IN-A-JAR-...QQcmdZViewItem
    You're a very weird guy :y:

ReputationRep:
    being ginger doesnt help

ReputationRep:
    Reading through the 'Capture method' reminds me of those experiments we did in GCSE science. Still, useless object though. I guess you could convince somebody its a jar of scented air for a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    being ginger doesnt help
    Okay, afer you said that i looked on your profile for a pic and i saw your muscles :eek: all of them :shock: huge :eek: I take back what i said about you being weird I don't think your weird at all. In fact, i'm the weird one for not finding the fart jar normal :sadnod:

If it's okay with you i'll just go now? :afraid: I need the toilet...

ReputationRep:
    lol

no worries. im harmless.

ReputationRep:
    This particular fart (the one up for auction) is by far the purest fart captured to date.
    :nothing:

Why? Just, why?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.