Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl...Well I just got an email to go for an interview in TopShop and I am quite scared because I have never done an interview before and I always wanted to work in TopShop. Bsically there's a Stage 1 which is I think Group Work and then there's Stage 2 which is a one to one interview. I dont know what questions they'll ask and how can I approach them. Can I have some advice please.

ReputationRep:
    ergh, it's like primark. "if we don't like you in a group, or you are too quiet, then we don't want you." i hate group interviews. you feel pressured not to act like a **** in front of the other 15 people in the room, and they ask you stupid questions like 'if you were an animal, what would you be?" and "describe what colour best suits your personality and why"... just be prepared to answer stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? If thats what they do, then I think I'll be ok coz I'm quite loud anyway. Its really weird because they said the time is from 10:00am to 11:30pm...I'm not sure if thats a mistake but i think i'll b leaving before that. But is that all what they ask for?

ReputationRep:
    yes, the group interviews sometimes last ages, because they get you to do group activities and i was shown a presentation on primark at mine. i think the one and a half hour time slot is probably a rough guide.
    generally, what they do, is talk to you for half hour as a groupo, then go out to make a decision on who they want to take through to the next stage. they'll seperate you into two groups, and one group will go off, while the other is told to bugger off home.. i think if you go off into the successful group, then you will be there longer because they will probably want to interview you more either as a group, or on your own.
    i didn't get past the first stage, so i can only tell you what i know.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.