Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So the Airsoft society had no one running it and I'm etting the forms sent to me so I can hopefully get the Society running again.

If anyone would be interested in joining, please send me a message or reply here.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tictok)
    So the Airsoft society had no one running it and I'm etting the forms sent to me so I can hopefully get the Society running again.

If anyone would be interested in joining, please send me a message or reply here.

Cheers.
    quite a few people were interested but unfortunately the society wasnt running this year so people were unable to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braiiny_)
    quite a few people were interested but unfortunately the society wasnt running this year so people were unable to join.

Well assuming I can get transport sorted out, im going to start it back up.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be interested at all? I've managed to find a few others in my rooting around

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know it's a bit of an old(ish) post. Did this ever start up again? The reason I ask is that I start hull uni in September and I'm a regular(ish) airsofter.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not, however I usually go at least once a month but I do go every weekend if I'm able to. There's meant to be a few decent sites around Hull and I've got in contact with a company that can get us airsoft guns and kit in hull, I've already purchased a few things from them myself. I would be interested in setting a society up for it and I'll be going into my second year, it's just getting all the people there to sort everything out properly. The main issue when I spoke about it was transport as the university has a minibus, but it requires hiring and it's just not worthwhile going with the extortionate price they charge. I do have a Ford Focus but getting 3 people and everyone's kit in makes it a bit cramped and I don't know enough people willing or able to drive down for it to be a regular thing.

ReputationRep:
    Pity to hear that.

Im hoping to try and go about once a month (not been able to go as often due to working most weekends at the mo).

I've not personally tried the sites close to hull, I go to humber airsoft over the bridge or LAC combat zone in Lincoln.

If its the shop I think it is, I don't really rate them that much, I use an online site called weekend warrior.

Would be good to meet up with like minded individuals tho.

And I know what you mean about the car, I have a mondeo and with 4
    3/4 of us + gear it's a little 'snug' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renniks)
    Pity to hear that.

Im hoping to try and go about once a month (not been able to go as often due to working most weekends at the mo).

I've not personally tried the sites close to hull, I go to humber airsoft over the bridge or LAC combat zone in Lincoln.

If its the shop I think it is, I don't really rate them that much, I use an online site called weekend warrior.

Would be good to meet up with like minded individuals tho.

And I know what you mean about the car, I have a mondeo and with 4
    3/4 of us + gear it's a little 'snug' lol.
    I haven't been to any of the Hull sites yet, Humber airsoft is meant to be decent but only if your a regular. A lot of people have recommended slaughterhouse. You won't know the company I'm talking about because they aren't mostly airsoft, it's just something I persuaded the owner to set up for so some of us can get stuff off him. 😂
    And my gear alone takes up half my boot space due to me owning 3 guns and one of them is an M249, obviously I have to run a box mag and I have a pretty hefty plate carrier as well.

I am looking forward to going to some sites when I get back as I've gotten back into it again due to me coming home.
    Thankfully I work through the week and not weekends so I have them free to go to skirmishes 😄

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Hull
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.