The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Postgraduate at Herts

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im going this September for MSc in advance CS. Is anyone out there in same subject?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hey Iamshofi,

Welcome to the University!

Hopefully you'll have lots of fun during your studies.

All the best,

David
Reply 22
Hey peeps,

Starting my MSc in International Business in September. I know I can't get a 100% reliable answer yet but does anyone have an idea how many classes there are per week on average? I mean am I on a lecture from 8-16 mon-fri or is it a few days a week and rest is independent study?
Hey Rex,

Welcome to the University!

As it's postgraduate study you'll be undertaking, most of it, will be independent study on your own. However you can expect around 8-10 hours contact time at least. This doesn't include any 1 on 1 tutorials with your lecturers.
This can vary from subject to subject though, so I can't give you a concrete reply. Generally though I'd plan to be in 2-3 days a week.

All the best,

David
Reply 24
hi.I am coming for MSc clinical dermatology. Is it intense study and what about their exam format.
Hey doc007,

Welcome to the University. As it's a Masters, you can expect a higher level of intensity and study. You will have less contact time than at undergraduate level. But, you'll be expected to do lots more on your own than at undergraduate level.

However, it is also very rewarding, and you'll always be able to turn to your tutors for advice and support.

Regarding the exam format I'd suggest talking to your subjects admissions tutor about that. Sadly I can provide the most of basic of information in that area.

All the best,

David
Reply 26
mean that I will not get free time for my social activities.
Hey Doc007,

No, I wouldn't say that! You'll still have plenty of free time to enjoy the University social life or see friends. I mean, I'm doing an MA and there is lots of work, but I still have an active social life. I think the important thing is just keeping up with the work as it comes and starting early.

All the best,

David
Hi All,

Just a quick note to say applications for the postgraduate loan are now open for students starting in 2017/18.

You can find out more about the loan and your eligibility on the University website.

If you've got any questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
Heather
Hey all,

Just a quick reminder that you can still apply for our post-graduate courses throughout the summer!

If you have any questions please feel free to post here or in the general forums!

All the best,

David
hello everyone! I will be living at university hall and I am wondering if I shall buy a private printet? how accessible is printing service in the university? is it expensive? thanks for your advice in advance!
Hey Molimolimolly,

The University printing facilities are generally very good. You also get a free £5 credit upon registering at the University. The LRC's and Reprographics departments have printing facilities a short walk away from Halls.

Regarding cost, I've not found it to be too bad, so I wouldn't say having a printer is required.

BUT, if you can find a cheap printer, it will make things a bit more convenient for you, as you wont have to wait or leave your room to get your work ready!

All the best,

David
Reply 32
How long will it take to get Cas ?
Hey geejayy,

I'd need a little more information to answer that one I'm afraid. When did you apply and for what course?

Just in case it helps, here is a quick FAQ guide:

http://www.herts.ac.uk/international/how-to-apply/already-made-an-application

All the best,

David
Reply 34
I applied last week and the course Msc. Global business
Looking at the timescale, it's likely you'll be hearing back in about 1-2 weeks. If you haven't by then Id send an email to [email protected] to chase things up!

All the best,

David
Hey all,

Hope your postgraduate applications and studies are going well!

If you have any questions, concerns or want to chat, please do feel free to post on this thread!

All the best,

David
Reply 37
Hello David,

I applied for accommodation at the university last week, So far I have not received any conformation.
I will be reaching Hatfield on 20th of September.
Original post by geejayy
Hello David,

I applied for accommodation at the university last week, So far I have not received any conformation.
I will be reaching Hatfield on 20th of September.

Hey geejayy!

I'd highly recommend contacting the accommodations office via email to check what the status of your accommodation application is asap:

the email is:

[email protected]

They also have a phone number you can use:

tel + 44 (0) 1707 284071

all the best,

David
Reply 39
Original post by David Trebus
Hey geejayy!

I'd highly recommend contacting the accommodations office via email to check what the status of your accommodation application is asap:

the email is:

[email protected]

They also have a phone number you can use:

tel + 44 (0) 1707 284071

all the best,

David

Hello David,

Thanks for the quick reply. Accommodation is almost sorted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending