Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wisefire)
I am staggeringly worried and anxious about my Access course not in reality giving me as strong a chance as A-Levels would in gaining offers from any of these universities even if I am on track to do well and meet or exceed grade requirements
If anything an Access has advantages over A Levels in a couple of ways. Firstly, they are usually studied alongside some sort of employment. This demonstrates a level of commitment to study that an A Level student doesn't have. Unis are very aware of this - succeeding at Access is quite a character reference. Secondly, A Levels are "taught to test" - essentially you aren't taught the subject so much as how to pass an exam in the subject. An Access course has a much more uni-style of teaching and learning. It gives a better idea of your potential for uni learning.

Will holding an Access course complicate and disadvantage me in applications to postgraduate positions/degrees, even though, yes, universities do not really look at A-Levels/Level 3 qualifications for PG study?
No, you will not be disadvantaged purely by holding an Access qualification rather than A Levels.

EDIT: happy to see that Mods have moved your question where you might get more replies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1647)
78.77%
Leave (444)
21.23%

Watched Threads