Turn on thread page Beta

Question for anyone that has worked at a Hollister store... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a job at a Hollister store - not as a 'Floor Model' or anything sales related, but as an 'Asset Protection Agent' (i.e. security within the store).

I'm well aware of the 'looks' policy for sales staff on the shop floor - e.g. you have to effectively be a model to work there on the shop floor, wear Hollister style clothing etc.

Does this 'looks' policy apply to the role I'm applying for? The role will obviously involve being on the shop floor at some point if dealing with shoplifters etc, but it is not a sales role.

I have a shaved head and a beard, and don't fit the 'Hollister' look at all, would rate myself like a 6/7 out of 10 (defo not a model!).

1. Do I need to be "good looking" to do this role - is the policy the same as sales staff?

2. Does the clothing policy extend to the role i'm applying for - will I have to wear Hollister clothing?

3. Will working in this role mean I have to adhere to other parts of the Hollister policy e.g. clean shaven?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.