The Student Room Group

If you could live in another country, where would it be?

Scroll to see replies

China - Hong Kong
Original post by AperfectBalance
Not too sure will have to do some research sometime as I am looking to move to America when I am older.

I want a second home out there before I'm 30
but it will cost $500,000 at least but it doable with moderate ease
Original post by Foo.mp3
Same place the elites have their sights set on when the proverbial really hits the fan (NZ)

I think you mean the moon
Original post by jamesthehustler
I want a second home out there before I'm 30
but it will cost $500,000 at least but it doable with moderate ease

My dream is a nice house with a few acres of land, a nice construction shed and a nice family. Hopefully one day I will be living my dream. Being a lawyer should accommodate this

It is crazy how much half a million £ gets you In America, just been looking at properties and they are pretty cheap.
My dream is a nice house with a few acres of land, a nice construction shed and a nice family. Hopefully one day I will be living my dream. Being a lawyer should accommodate this

It is crazy how much half a million £ gets you In America, just been looking at properties and they are pretty cheap.

then you consider I could buy bigger on £250,000 a year but I think pool. hot tub, triple garage and 4 bedrooms is enough
America is like a third world country.

Pockets of wealthy communities surrounded by poverty and violence stricken cities.

Heck most developing countries have affluent areas its just the size of america means it has so many wealthy communities people think america is the bees knees
Original post by Vanny17
Bien! :smile:

:yy: :smile:
:france:
Reply 148
Original post by Ahad27
China - Hong Kong

Any reasons?

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:yy: :smile:
:france:

You should apply for dual nationality with France one day :mmm:
Original post by UWS
Any reasons?

You should apply for dual nationality with France one day :mmm:

That would be so cool :coma:
But I'm not French :rofl: I have only English blood :sigh:

Spoiler

Reply 150
That would be so cool :coma:
But I'm not French :rofl: I have only English blood :sigh:

Spoiler

Just wear this

Original post by UWS
Just wear this

I don't own a beret :hide:
I REALLY WANT ONE THOUGH
Reply 152
I don't own a beret :hide:
I REALLY WANT ONE THOUGH

But you own a baguette? :hmmm:
Original post by UWS
But you own a baguette? :hmmm:

I can bake French-style pain :wink:
The dutch Caribbean, specifically Bonaire. Because I left behind a lot of good friends there and underwater it is the best place I have ever seen. Also, the people there are lovely, and the whole vibe is so much more relaxed than in the UK.

I already have dual nationality for there, but I don't live there.
Original post by UWS
Nah that's my alter ego. I found Narnia.

:lol: I'll see you there then
America.

Better gun laws.

More things to do

More opportunities for my line of work

Would like a bigger house.

Although I would leave it for about a month or so, as everything will hopefully blow over (Riots and election stuff)

Yeah because people living in the suburbs are the ones rioting lol. It's the poor trash who are clearly unemployed and have nothing better to do then riot in the ghettos
Original post by jon2016
America is like a third world country.

Pockets of wealthy communities surrounded by poverty and violence stricken cities.

Heck most developing countries have affluent areas its just the size of america means it has so many wealthy communities people think america is the bees knees

Educated professionals (working in the exact same sectors) in England and the USA makes sometimes a third of the salary here than they would in America. Also I'm Canadian and I can conclude that England is 1. Ugly looking 2.Broke down 3. full of pakis commiting crimes.
Original post by Trinculo
Just makes me laugh.

Canada - very difficult to move to, unless you're a farmer. Shooting animals is sometimes required by law.
Switzerland - constitutionally and institutionally perhaps one of the most racist nations in the Western world.
Japan - culturally an extremely racist and misogynistic nation
Australia - one of the strictest immigration regimes in the "West", any time an "Australian model" of immigration is proposed for Britain, it's immediately labelled as racist.

TSR: "oh hai, I wanna live in Canada/Japan/Switzerland/Australia sooooo bad. Not crappy old racist Britain"

Obviously Canada and the USA would have strict immigration laws, we can't just let the riff raff in. As long as you are an educated professional with a career on the shortage list (see Canada) you stand a pretty good change of getting a work visa. From there getting a PR can be an option, USA is clearly a whole different story.

And yes England is ****ing miserable, it's run down, the roads are narrow af, the houses are hideous and small, the standard of living in pathetic
Original post by azizadil1998
Australia looks really niceee and the people are noice, ESPECIALLY THE GURLS

Loooooool that's all you need, right? :rofl:

I'd go Canada. It is beautiful and the guys are just perfect ngl....
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest