Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am applying to study pharmacy and biomed.

Should I bother to write about my alevels on my personal statement or should I focus more on my extra curricular work which would help me to stand out as I have more then most students.

Also I failed a year, should I add in what I learnt from this in my application?

Thank you for your help.

Cyclosporin
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Cyclosporin)
    Hi!

I am applying to study pharmacy and biomed.

Should I bother to write about my alevels on my personal statement or should I focus more on my extra curricular work which would help me to stand out as I have more then most students.

Also I failed a year, should I add in what I learnt from this in my application?

Thank you for your help.

Cyclosporin
    Don't mention boring or tenuous information about your A levels. If there's a specific topic or piece of work you've done that you enjoyed and has relevance to Pharmacy then mention that.

Your PS should be positive and focused forward on what you're going to study. Your reference can talk about your failed year if need be.

ReputationRep:
    For something like Pharmacy and Biomed you'd be better off talking about your extra-curricular work.

That being said, I dedicated a fairly large paragraph to my A-levels in my law personal statement. I did that partly because teachers were really pressuring us to do that, and partly because I actually had innovative stuff to say that applied to the course.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.