Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all
    im staying at home through Uni, simply cant afford to live in halls, i'd rather use that money to start driving etc..

In freshers week do u think it will be harder to make friends if i am living at home?
    I really cant wait to start fresh, new friends and all that.. i hope it doesnt affect it too much.. what do you think?

What does freshers week consist of? is it events arranged by the uni? x

ReputationRep:
    It might be a bit harder for you, but im sure youll make loads of mates. Most people will want to make as many mates as possible so you shouldnt have a problem.

Freshers week is just a week of events arranged by the student union.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get involved in the activities and make an effort to meet new people, you'll be fine (one of my friends lived at home and made the mistake of not bothering with freshers week at all when we started uni, and as a consequence she hardly knew anyone and dropped out coz she didnt enjoy it.) You seem like you're willing to be sociable and meet new people, so I dont think it will affect your ability to make friends. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    depending how far away you are, i would say you really need to get involved because your already at a disadvantage becuase your not in halls. (i myself am living at home) i never went to freshers week and as aconsequence of not being able to get into uni/city very quickly i found it extremelly difficult to make any friends, i only speak to about 4people.
    just a warning

ReputationRep:
    I'm living at home but haven't found any problems with making friends etc.

Just make the effort to go to the events, chat to people both on your course and different courses and you'll be fine.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.