Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a serious issue:
    I feel like I can't do any job of any kind. I've had so many negative interviews that I keep hearing the voices in my head telling me how badly I suck at life and at jobs. I have zero confidence in myself.

Looking through job postings, I am so desperate for a job that I don't even use a filter in the search engine. I keep scrolling and scrolling.. and I keep telling myself to each and every vacancy: "nope, I can't do this". I don't think I can do anything that requires the least bit of responsibility.
    My self-confidence hits me hard from all the bad experiences I've had in jobs and in my general interaction with society. Sadly, nowadays any job requires you to have half a brain (which I don't think I have, even though I am much smarter than average and everyone thinks that of me - I just think I am a sack of sh*t that can't do anything. It's horrible, my confidence is ruining me).

I have no idea what jobs I am capable of doing, even though I already have two years working experience in various sectors and I know my own talents: drawing, running, memory performance.. and maybe Computer Science (which I got my Bachelor's degree in).

Temporary agencies have received my profile but they don't seem to give two shits about who I am or what I want to do because they just send me random jobs. I had been hoping they would be my ticket to employment but alas.

Even writing this thread is hard for me because I feel utterly beneath the surface. I feel like crap, hopeless, restless. I feel like a failure who won't be able to make anyone happy.

I'm in a predicament where I am a mid 30's unemployed graduate who most urgently needs a source of income (and no, I can't get welfare). I have zero money, zero. Time is also not on my side. In fact, nothing is. I don't have all the easy options everyone else has. My family is suffering as well.

Help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    I have a serious issue:
    I feel like I can't do any job of any kind. I've had so many negative interviews that I keep hearing the voices in my head telling me how badly I suck at life and at jobs. I have zero confidence in myself.

Looking through job postings, I am so desperate for a job that I don't even use a filter in the search engine. I keep scrolling and scrolling.. and I keep telling myself to each and every vacancy: "nope, I can't do this". I don't think I can do anything that requires the least bit of responsibility.
    My self-confidence hits me hard from all the bad experiences I've had in jobs and in my general interaction with society. Sadly, nowadays any job requires you to have half a brain (which I don't think I have, even though I am much smarter than average and everyone thinks that of me - I just think I am a sack of sh*t that can't do anything. It's horrible, my confidence is ruining me).

I have no idea what jobs I am capable of doing, even though I already have two years working experience in various sectors and I know my own talents: drawing, running, memory performance.. and maybe Computer Science (which I got my Bachelor's degree in).

Temporary agencies have received my profile but they don't seem to give two shits about who I am or what I want to do because they just send me random jobs. I had been hoping they would be my ticket to employment but alas.

Even writing this thread is hard for me because I feel utterly beneath the surface. I feel like crap, hopeless, restless. I feel like a failure who won't be able to make anyone happy.

I'm in a predicament where I am a mid 30's unemployed graduate who most urgently needs a source of income (and no, I can't get welfare). I have zero money, zero. Time is also not on my side. In fact, nothing is. I don't have all the easy options everyone else has. My family is suffering as well.

Help...
    Does anybody such as your mother make snide remarks at you about all of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsn1p)
    Does anybody such as your mother make snide remarks at you about all of this?
    Everyone does. Everyone yells at me: "Get a job! This is not a way to live!". I've been having way too many fights with my dad as well because he was brought up with a father who beat him senseless and show no respect. Now my dad is treating me the same disrespectful way his dad treated him, saying things like: "You'll never amount to anything", "You're a clutz" and so on.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.