Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently opened a student account with natwest and filled in some form to get the money transfered from my old account with abbey to my new one with natwest.

Trouble is for some stupid reason I have to go and collect my card from bournemouth, and I'm going to reading on wednesday, and I basically don't want that money going before I leave.

I rang natwest and they said ring abbey and get them to delay it
    I rang abbey and they said to get natwest to delay it...even though I told them what natwest had just told me!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

what the frig do I do now?!

ReputationRep:
    crawl into a ball and cry.

helpful, i know.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what your problem is but, just to be different I'd suggest standing up straight and laughing

ReputationRep:
    I don't need two accounts do i? one will just sit there with no money in it lol!

Trouble is I'm going to reading festival on wednesday morning and if the money disappears out of my account I have no way of getting hold of it til next week, once the festival has finished.

ReputationRep:
    I did, for both banks
    and both banks made me ring their 'helplines' which were no help at all!

ReputationRep:
    yes but the money hasn't actually got into my abbey account yet, and if it gets moved to natwest I haven't got the card yet ( as I say I have to collect it from bournemouth...but I don't live there yet lol)

thanks guys, I think I just needed to rant a bit

ReputationRep:
    as long as you don't go into unauthorised overdraft territory, what's the big deal?

Banks bugger you up the arse when the above happens.

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with your post.... kinda.
    I set up my student account today. Got my 1250 OD
    and a credit card haha, I never knew i'd be offered the credit card automatically haha

ReputationRep:
    Explain the problem to your 'rents or someone and ask to borrow some money for Reading which you'll be able to pay back straight away when you get back?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.