Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone tell me who they would recommend as the best online provider for GCSE's either OOL or NEC I need to know before 5pm today to get enrolled. I know i've left it late but cant find any feedback on tutoring which is important to me. many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnydee69)
    Please could someone tell me who they would recommend as the best online provider for GCSE's either OOL or NEC I need to know before 5pm today to get enrolled. I know i've left it late but cant find any feedback on tutoring which is important to me. many thanks in advance
    NEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaky17)
    NEC
    Thanks have you personally used them, how often could you contact their tutors?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks have you personally used them, how often could you contact their tutors?
    I haven't personally used them but I have a lot of friends who said that their really good, if your unsure search them up to see what if their going to be best for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaky17)
    I haven't personally used them but I have a lot of friends who said that their really good, if your unsure search them up to see what if their going to be best for you

ok thanks for taking the time to reply but i really need to know what the tutoring is like from people who have used either NEC or OOL

ReputationRep:
    Why leave it to 70 minutes before the deadline! You can't possibly make an informed choice in such a short time. Do you have to enrol today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Why leave it to 70 minutes before the deadline! You can't possibly make an informed choice in such a short time. Do you have to enrol today?
    I would ideally like to enrol very soon as I want to take two GCSE's with a view to sitting the exams in the summer of 2017. I have been doing so much research for my future as I am aiming for one of the top Uni's but am playing catch up due to unforeseen circumstances . If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate their opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I would ideally like to enrol very soon as I want to take two GCSE's with a view to sitting the exams in the summer of 2017. I have been doing so much research for my future as I am aiming for one of the top Uni's but am playing catch up due to unforeseen circumstances . If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate their opinions.
    Fair enough. If you don't HAVE to enrol today, I'd spend a little time researching your options before making an informed decision - it's a big financial outlay.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. If you don't HAVE to enrol today, I'd spend a little time researching your options before making an informed decision - it's a big financial outlay.
    thanks I know the cost is substantial OOL seems to come up cheaper but obviously the cost of the exams has to be considered. But its the tutoring that I am most concerned about as I want a company who are reliable if I need them especially after spending this amount of money.

ReputationRep:
    thanks I know the cost is substantial OOL seems to come up cheaper but obviously the cost of the exams has to be considered. But its the tutoring that I am most concerned about as I want a company who are reliable if I need them especially after spending this amount of money.
    Why are you set on distance learning? Is going to a tertiary Higher Education college out of the question for you?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you set on distance learning? Is going to a tertiary Higher Education college out of the question for you?
    The academic year has started two months ago and the college wont accept me on their courses .

ReputationRep:
    I used OOL for I/GCSEs- absolutely great, all the help you need.
    used it for A Level and got the sh**est tutor ever who said I was working t an A* al year long, and then I came out with a C even though I thought the exams had gone just like my apparently excellent mocks had. So really it honestly is pot luck about what tutor you get. But with GCSEs I would recommend them, as you can generally do well by just working hard for them. The course packs are absolutely top notch though and they make it really interesting!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi sunnydee,

My name is Jo and I work as a Course Advisor at the NEC. I don't know much about OOL's courses or programmes, but if you are interested in NEC's GCSE courses I can say that although you might find our prices a little more expensive than other providers, this is reflected in the quality of the course materials and the tutor support you get from us. We also offer you the opportunity of tuition and support through a resit if you don't pass first time round with your exam.

We are a non profit making educational trust dedicated to offering second chance education to all. We are recommended by many organisations, such as the OU and WEA, and are recognised by standards bodies such as the EADL (European Assoc for Distance Learning). If you'd like any advice on any particular course, just contact us on 0800 389 2839, or email [email protected] Good luck with your studies, whoever you go with

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.