Rejection from school :( Watch

Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I applied for 3 private schools for a bursary well I got rejected by them all now i will have to apply to some other schools.i feel so demoralised as i revised hard core for 2 weeks straight I feel like I wasted my half term I feel like I gained nothing and most of all i feel stupid and uncapable to do anything.Before I thought if I worked hard I can do anything now i don't feel like there is a point trying as it hurts so much when you wanted something you work for it and yet it is not good enough.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
username967462
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, several years ago I applied to a private school for a bursary. There's no way I wouldhave been able to afford it otherwise. After my tests etc they told me I was "average" and I wasn't offered any financial help. So this meant I continued to attend my local state school (ranked 13th out of 15th schools in my area). Fast forward a few years and I received offers to study at prestigious and competitive places like LSE and Cambridge.

In short, a private school is not a guarantee to success. Nor does rejection mean you are destined to fail.
TobyReichelt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I study at a state school and have had an offer reduced from A*AA to ABC. Not going to a private school isn't the end of the world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (63)
14.89%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (63)
14.89%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (80)
18.91%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (170)
40.19%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (20)
4.73%
No particular grades needed (27)
6.38%