Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have received conflicting advice from SFE advisors over the phone, so I don't know what to believe. I hope somebody can help me.

I dropped out from the first year of a 2013/14 course (3 Years) due to medical reasons. I was subsequently granted CPR.

I then went on to study a course at another university in 2014/15 (4 years, including a foundation year). I only completed the foundation year, and used this FY to gain entry to another university for 2015/16 year (3 years).

At this university, I completed the year, however, I failed due to mitigating circumstances. I was granted CPR. One of the reasons why I failed was due to depression. I made a bad choice to study here essentially.

Now, if I want to study at another university (3 years) starting 2017/18, how many years would I be entitled to?

PQ
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by meteoreos)
    Hi

I have received conflicting advice from SFE advisors over the phone, so I don't know what to believe. I hope somebody can help me.

I dropped out from the first year of a 2013/14 course (3 Years) due to medical reasons. I was subsequently granted CPR.

I then went on to study a course at another university in 2014/15 (4 years, including a foundation year). I only completed the foundation year, and used this FY to gain entry to another university for 2015/16 year (3 years).

At this university, I completed the year, however, I failed due to mitigating circumstances. I was granted CPR. One of the reasons why I failed was due to depression. I made a bad choice to study here essentially.

Now, if I want to study at another university (3 years) starting 2017/18, how many years would I be entitled to?

PQ
    By my understanding of what you've said only your foundation year would count as non cPR study. So that would count as your gift year leaving you the length of your new course funded (so if you repeat/restart again then additional years wouldn't be covered unless you were granted CPR for those years too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    By my understanding of what you've said only your foundation year would count as non cPR study. So that would count as your gift year leaving you the length of your new course funded (so if you repeat/restart again then additional years wouldn't be covered unless you were granted CPR for those years too).
    Thank you for your reply.

In regards to what you've stated, that was my initial thought. However, Student Finance have not been able to give me a definite answer. I don't blame them as my case isn't exactly the most common. Regardless, I'm still hopeful that I have the funding for my new course.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

It's difficult to give you a definitive answer from here when we can't view your account.

CPR is awarded on a case by case basis so we would need to know how many years of CPR you have actually been awarded, are you aware?

By the sounds of it your years of previous study, with the exception of the foundation year, have been cancelled out due to CPR.

This means only your foundation year would be included as previous study giving you 1 in total that can be included, so it's likely you'll still have full funding for any new course and have used up your +1 year.

Thanks.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.