Turn on thread page Beta

Should I start my degree again at a different uni watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in my first year studying law and although I love the course I'm not a big fan of the Uni I'm at. I've been trying to ignore it and just carry on, but I can't shake the feeling that I've made a mistake and would be much happier at another Uni I originally applied for.

I live with my boyfriend and not in halls, and although I have made some friends on my course, I haven't really clicked with any of them properly. Everyone on my course seems to commute from other places so I don't feel like I have the social life I actually want. When I set this as my firm choice I feel like I went against my gut instinct because I thought it would provide me with the best opportunities and degree, but I feel like the other uni I applied to is much nicer, friendlier, with a lot more social opportunities and still offers a good level of support in terms of careers and the future. I feel like its a much better university overall and I'm really starting to regret my decision.

Should I just grit my teeth and get on with it? After all a degree is a degree and if I work hard enough I'll most likely get where I want to be either way. Or should I go through with dropping out, make a big change to me and my boyfriend's lives and move cities again, going to the other uni for a fresh start next year?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hdi97)
    So I'm in my first year studying law and although I love the course I'm not a big fan of the Uni I'm at. I've been trying to ignore it and just carry on, but I can't shake the feeling that I've made a mistake and would be much happier at another Uni I originally applied for.

I live with my boyfriend and not in halls, and although I have made some friends on my course, I haven't really clicked with any of them properly. Everyone on my course seems to commute from other places so I don't feel like I have the social life I actually want. When I set this as my firm choice I feel like I went against my gut instinct because I thought it would provide me with the best opportunities and degree, but I feel like the other uni I applied to is much nicer, friendlier, with a lot more social opportunities and still offers a good level of support in terms of careers and the future. I feel like its a much better university overall and I'm really starting to regret my decision.

Should I just grit my teeth and get on with it? After all a degree is a degree and if I work hard enough I'll most likely get where I want to be either way. Or should I go through with dropping out, make a big change to me and my boyfriend's lives and move cities again, going to the other uni for a fresh start next year?
    Moved to University life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hdi97)

Hmmm, all i'd say is that it's a lot of money to be paying for an experience you're not quite happy with. Maybe you could try to click a bit more with those people on your course before you make any big decisions though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.