Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a undergrad social work course second year first placement.

I left my placement 17 days early due to mental health issues (depression and anxiety caused by family issues).

My GP actually referred me to my own placement and other mental health services in my area where I know service users and professionals working there because of my placement.

The course leader has decided that because of the conflict of interest there is no option for me to return to this placement and he wants me to start another one.

But before this I have to attend this concerns meeting next week but obviously there are two options from this 1. they decide I can go on another placement 2. I cannot go on another placement and so my course will be terminated,

My practice educator is going to be there, course leader, head of social work, and 2 independent social workers. Who makes the final decision?

I’ve been given no information of what will happen or entail or what I need to prepare for this so I was wondering if anyone has been to anything similar.

I'm on medication now and have CBT so I am well now and have documented this to my course leader. He is happy for me to go on another placement and has been really supportive but it just depends on the outcome of this meeting!

Thanks in advance for any help

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.