Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad
    • Thread Starter

    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I am a Dutch student who recently moved from the Netherlands to the UK and started to study A levels here. I am currently in year 12 and even though it seems early, I am already thinking hardly about what universities I might want to go and the such.

    My problem would obviously be the funding. I know I would need a loan and it would be cheaper for me to study in the Netherlands after my A levels, but my preference goes to English universities. So, taking also Brexit in account, would I be entitled to any form of loan that would cover my tuition fee? And would I also still be paying the normal amount of 9250 pounds?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    Do you have a particular year of study in mind?

    Currently you can apply for EU funding (Tuition Fees only) based on the fact you have lived in the EU for the 3 years before your course.

    If, by the time you are studying, you have been in the UK for 5 years OR you decide to work during your studies, you can apply as a Migrant worker to SFE and received full funding (Tuition Fees and Maintenance).

    We don't have much information regarding EU students applying in a few years on how their funding will work or if it will still be provided.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.