Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at this website but i want to know more about how students find it. Student satisfaction seems to be low on some of the univesities that are the top 20. Can anyone tell me why that is??
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TooCold)
    I've been looking at this website but i want to know more about how students find it. Student satisfaction seems to be low on some of the univesities that are the top 20. Can anyone tell me why that is??
    Thanks
    This really could be due to a multitude of reasons. Always bear in mind that nursing at every university has a high drop-out rate due to the demands of the course and placements which some students are simply unprepared for or unsuited to. Due to the nature of the course (shift work, placement organisation, assignments while working, struggling to find time for a social life) there are many reasons why some students may find it unsatisfactory, especially when comparing their experience of university to the experience of students studying academic degrees.

Always take league tables with a pinch of salt, especially for vocational courses such as nursing. The data displayed is collected from the National Student Survey and the responses of this are used to inform changes. The best way to decide on a university is to visit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    This really could be due to a multitude of reasons. Always bear in mind that nursing at every university has a high drop-out rate due to the demands of the course and placements which some students are simply unprepared for or unsuited to. Due to the nature of the course (shift work, placement organisation, assignments while working, struggling to find time for a social life) there are many reasons why some students may find it unsatisfactory, especially when comparing their experience of university to the experience of students studying academic degrees.

Always take league tables with a pinch of salt, especially for vocational courses such as nursing. The data displayed is collected from the National Student Survey and the responses of this are used to inform changes. The best way to decide on a university is to visit it.
    Okay, thanks for the advice and I'll keep that in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooCold)
    Okay, thanks for the advice and I'll keep that in mind
    Like Charlotte has said, visiting is the best way to get a taste for the university you want to go to, speak to current students, see if you like it there and can imagine yourself living there for the next three years (at least).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Like Charlotte has said, visiting is the best way to get a taste for the university you want to go to, speak to current students, see if you like it there and can imagine yourself living there for the next three years (at least).
    Thanks I'll do that as well

ReputationRep:
    My unis second from last on the complete university guide nursing and although I've only been here for a few months, id say it's really good and have never heard of anything bad outside of what's expected from other years.
    I personally don't really think league charts reflect reality!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think what is equally important is the hospital where you get your placements. I'm a bit disappointed with some aspects of my course, but the hospital placements more than make up for it. The hospital is also where I plan to work after I finish university

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.