Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am annoyed with people most of all my father who I asked questions to do with finance he works in the finance industry and he doesn't want to answer them.He doesn't understand how I feel I just can't stand him because when I want to know something I want to I do not care whether this thing is relevant to my life if I want to know then I want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I am annoyed with people most of all my father who I asked questions to do with finance he works in the finance industry and he doesn't want to answer them.He doesn't understand how I feel I just can't stand him because when I want to know something I want to I do not care whether this thing is relevant to my life if I want to know then I want to know.
    Why don't u try sitting down and talking to him about it? He may listen to u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-bhakti-patel)
    Why don't u try sitting down and talking to him about it? He may listen to u
    He sits there looking at me like i am stupid.We all have questions and they have the right to be answered especially if someone in front of you knows the answer!!

ReputationRep:
    He sits there looking at me like i am stupid.We all have questions and they have the right to be answered especially if someone in front of you knows the answer!!
    It could be that, when he was younger, he was once expected to work things out for himself without the need for reliance on others. As such, he might think that trying to get you to work the same way is the "right" thing to do.

I might be completely wrong, but on the off-chance that I'm right, you can't get pissy with him for being a product of his environment. So yeah, sitting down with him and hashing it out is the best course of action here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    It could be that, when he was younger, he was once expected to work things out for himself without the need for reliance on others. As such, he might think that trying to get you to work the same way is the "right" thing to do.

I might be completely wrong, but on the off-chance that I'm right, you can't get pissy with him for being a product of his environment. So yeah, sitting down with him and hashing it out is the best course of action here.
    I think he is unreasonable we should share all the knowledge we have to make a step towards becaming more knowledgeable.

ReputationRep:
    I think he is unreasonable we should share all the knowledge we have to make a step towards becaming more knowledgeable.
    Yeah totally, I agree with you... but wasn't it Sun Tzu who said "know your enemy"? If you don't know why your father is acting the way he is, how can you try to convince him that he's in the wrong?

Talk it out with him dude, you'll be doing yourself and your relationship with him no favours by simply getting angry over it. Chill your beans and have a chinwag with him (though it wouldn't hurt to make sure he's in a good mood before doing so ).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.