Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm applying to ucas and my application will get sent off on Monday. What has been eating me inside and stressing me out is whether my application will get declined. When I was 12/13 I was with two girls who were shoplifting and because I was there I got in trouble too; also because one of them gave me a concealer outside the shop and I stupidly took it off her. Anyway, the police officer eventually came and he called my mum asking if she wants to speak to me when I get home about the incident and get let off as in don't get arrested or if she wants me to get arrested, spend a night in jail and get a criminal record. My mum obviously chose the first option. I did however get banned from the shop I was accused of shoplifting in for 3 months. I am stressed out because I have already completed my ucas application and sent it off to my mentor, where I have said that I haven't got a criminal record. I looked up stuff about Youth Cautions but literally everything that I have read includes the young person getting arrested and a parent signing the caution sheet. That did not happen to me- the police officer just let me go. I am super scared right now because I want to go to university and I don't know what to do. Does anyone think that my application will get rejected? Because the police officer didn't tell me anything about a caution or criminal record back then- only that he's letting me off with a warning. Help!! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    999tigger will answer this
    • Answer Heroes

Answer Heroes
    (Original post by BTS_ARMY_XOXO)
    999tigger will answer this
    Not if its dated 11/11/2016

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2017

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.