This discussion is closed.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

My head hurts reading this, even though it is fascinating.
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is actually a very interesting topic. I like it very much! I think that what we are exists at a level above the molecular, and that they are merely fuel for our inner self, so although the cells in our body may be constantly changing they are not innately changing our personality and perception. That is changed by our expereinces of life, the world and people. But then I wonder... how do drugs affect us so much? Ummm... a very facsinating topic.

By the way, I don't think I have all the answers; I don't even think one person can truly comprehend the many questions this raises.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
This is actually a very interesting topic. I like it very much! I think that what we are exists at a level above the molecular, and that they are merely fuel for our inner self, so although the cells in our body may be constantly changing they are not innately changing our personality and perception. That is changed by our expereinces of life, the world and people. But then I wonder... how do drugs affect us so much? Ummm... a very facsinating topic.

By the way, I don't think I have all the answers; I don't even think one person can truly comprehend the many questions this raises.
Well, when it comes to drugs they affect us so greatly because they usually block, or over-stimulate, some of the very essential functions of the braincells. In fact, they work very much in a way similar to neurotoxins and many natural venoms. As an example, cocaine prevents the brain from reabsorbing the hormones that causes us to feel well and therefore the concentrations of them increases until the nerve cells are out of it. This is also why a cocaine kick is usually followed by depression. The "feel-happy" hormones are depleted. In the long run drugs can affect our personality because every time you take them they give a powerful stimuli to our brain causing us to "learn" a behaviour which can be quite damaging. Also, many drusg are so powerful poisons that they physically alter the brains structure on the high level, something which will have devestating effects on our personality.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads